2013-2014 Season

After Samantha's medal-winning performance at the Sochi Winter Olympics suddenly all this attention is being thrown her way

After Samantha's medal-winning performance at the Sochi Winter Olympics suddenly all this attention is being thrown her way. She is bombarded by interviewers wanting to know the girl behind the medal, getting Facebook messages from people she went to school with who she hated but now all of a sudden think that she is the coolest thing ever. 

It's kind of funny cause just three years ago they laughed in her face at the thought of her going to the Olympics and thought she was stupid to leave school a year early. It didn't matter that she did distance education and still finished at the same time as them but she missed out on graduation and formal, things that to them were unmissable.

The funniest call she gets is from her old school who want her to go back to do a media piece with her and how her school made her who she was. As if that was happening her school did nothing for her but told her that she was missing too many days to snowboarding chasing an unrealistic dream, that she was forced to do distance education to get her high school diploma.

But there have been cool things that have happened like winning a medal no one can take that away, having people in snowboarding recognising your name and wanting to talk to you and best of all being invited to all the cool snowboarding comps that before she wasn't 'good' enough for plus new sponsorship deals $$$.

She's making new friends that is something dope like before the medal ceremony Jamie Anderson came up to her and congratulated her which was like the best thing to ever happen to Samantha and to top it off she said "can't wait to shred with you" which Samantha is still in shock about.

So now she's going to the U.S Open and hopefully she doesn't face plant or something in front of all her new cool snowboarder friends. That would be awful because some of them are like super cute like the Americans are cute but the Canadians are where it's at, like out of this world hottness.

Burton US Open 

"As many would have predicted, it was Jamie Anderson who was again by far and away the cleanest and most technical rider on the day. A surprise Silver was given to Olympic bronze medalist Samantha Bates who is also our new favourite Aussie, who was snapping at Jamie's heels for the duration of the three-run finals but couldn't quite do enough to topple the undisputed slopestyle queen. Her frontside 720 off the toes was a thing of beauty though and is shaping up to be one of the dominating powerhouses of women's snowboarding in the years to come." 

Closing her laptop with a massive grin on her face Samatha couldn't believe what she had accomplished after showing up at the event and feeling rather nervous she was able to control herself and land a silver medal which was well on her way to proving that she is actually a good snowboarder.

As she left her hotel room heading to the elevator to go down for the press tour, Samantha runs into Jamie who is heading down as well. As the girls chat away in the elevator it stops at a floor below them to let in another person,  as the rider enters Samatha instantly recognises the person as Mark McMorris a snowboarder like herself that was one of the super hot Canadians from the Olympics.

As Mark and Jamie get into a conversation Samantha just stares up at the ceiling waiting for the ride to be over as she doesn't want to interpret their conversation. Jamie looks over at Samantha remembering that she is there as well before introducing her. 

"This is Samantha" introduces Jamie as Samatha just smiles not sure what else to say without sounding like a creepy stalker or something.

"Hi Samantha, I'm Mark" he replies smiling at her.

Before she can stop herself she blurts out "I know" but quickly trying to cover her tracks from sounding  like a stalker "I saw you on TV winning your medal, don't worry I'm not a stalker or anything"

Samantha fully expects Mark to be creeped out by her because she even wants to die but to her surprise, he just laughs. Before anything else can be said the elevator opens and the two are dragged away. Little would either know that it was the start of a new chapter in both of their lives.

Yay first chapter done

The next chapter is going to be a time jump because why the hell notRemember to vote and comment if you want