You have given me so much to live for.

Somehow I feel like he had been wishing secretly for his death to come sooner than later. I don't want to ruin this moment with my questions, but I realize his inner demons are the reason for his conscience-stricken comments.

The car ride is that of a normal one where we are glancing at one another every now and then before I eliminate the silence between us. "Will you please enjoy yourself? I know you have plenty of things on your mind as of right now, but for now, I want to just enjoy this moment with you. No thinking about the club, Mr. Hurst, no business calls, no business texts. If you have to do it, make it minimal. Please?" I'm pleading for his cooperation.

Mr. Hale nods to my request. I'm actually surprised of his cooperation, but then again it was only a matter of time. I know things seem to always interfere with our daily lives. "Yes ma'am," he agrees with me even though I had considered he could read my thoughts.

We arrive outside of LaGuardia Airport making my heart skip a beat as the anxiousness starts to set in. We are about to be 2,600 miles away from the urban territory and more relaxed in a rural part of the world. I had been excited to see his face once we arrived at the airport exiting from the plane. Once my foot stepped on the sidewalk of the terminal I almost started to squeal from the excitement. The airport is crowded with people as we choose to pick to leave Friday afternoon. Spring break had just rolled around with college kids flocking home and wherever else to make sure they had the time of their lives.

I follow closely to Mr. Hale dodging the people flocking to and from different corners, doors, and flight terminals joining in with the mass crowd. Mr. Hale's driver makes it apparent that he make way for us to pass. The bulkiness of his body maneuvering through people was funny. Especially, if you are unphased by anyone in your way. When we make it to the kiosk where a woman dressed in a starched pressed uniform awaits patiently. The small brunette with soft hazel eyes greets us accordingly.

"Good afternoon, how may I assist you today Mr. and Mrs.?"

There's a brief pause in her question that makes me blush slightly. I'm well aware that Mr. Hale notices the brief crack in my voice as I answer her. "Ms. Donovan," I correct her. "I am picking up two tickets."

"I apologize, Ms. Donovan. What is your first name?"

"Ellie."

"And the phone number associated with the tickets?"

I almost start to tell her my new number since I change phones but catch myself. "347-555-1771." The young woman starts to key into her computer. "Calgary, Canada?" She asks looking up at the both of us.

I instantly want to ring her neck by announcing the place of our intended visit. The instant annoyance on my face causes her to look back down at the computer monitor. Now Mr. Hale knew where we had been going and there was no need to keep it a secret anymore.

"Canada. Hmm... I like Canada."

My mouth drops open as I start to become furious for his passion for traveling. "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" I turn around to face him directly piercing my eyes through to his very soul.

Mr. Hale chuckles deviously shaking his head. "I'm joking with you. I have not been to Canada. Especially—" he pauses to read the ticket. "Calgary. Wherever that might be."

I'm actually happy that he hasn't been to Canada because this will be a first time experience for the both of us. "It's somewhere we both haven't had the pleasure of seeing. I wanted it to be a surprise but it looks like the cats out of the bag now," he intended fake giggle hiding the aggravation in my tone had not been missed by the young woman. I know I shouldn't be mad at her for doing her job to reassure this is where I wanted to go, but to lean over and whisper something to her would have raised suspicion.