Falling for you *wink*

Keith stopped his hand hovering the door knob before he turned around. "I almost forgot my beanie upstairs, I'll be right," he said before dashing as quickly as he could to his room. That was mostly the truth but he did also feel a painful fear lurking in his head as hateful thoughts rushed in. "What if he just's wants to hurt me?" . More thoughts aroused. "What if hes like everyone else?" he breathed out a shaky breath. He leaned against the wall putting a shaky hand over his face and rubbing his forehead in a calming fashion.

Moments passed by, he snapped out of his dazed thoughts when he heard movement from downstairs. He swiftly grabbed a black beanie off his floor, dusting it off and plopping it on his head in a messy like fashion. He looked at the mirror, eyebrows furrowing. "He isn't like that, I can feel it," he said with reassurance but still laced thinly with doubt.

"Keith!" Shiro called from below with a urgent tone making Keith's heart race fast as he made his way out of his bedroom.

Lance stood like and idiot trying at all costs not to make eye contact with the fairly obvious displeased older brother, who leaned on the front door frame. He eyed Lance up and down shooting him a warning glance before turning to see a flustered Keith walking over quickly. 

Lance shot him a soft smile, warming his heart a little. Shiro put his hands out defluffing Keith's beanie in a fatherly like way. Keith swatted him away embarrassed. "Shiro i'm almost 18 years old I don't need you fixing my appearance," he huffed. Shiro only sighed moving to the side, letting him past.

Keith gave him a small smile and a wave before looking at Lance and nodding his head forward, indicating for them to get going already. Lance caught on and nodded back, beginning to make his way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hunk used to call me sharpshooter all the time when we were kids, probably because of my ultimate skills at hitting off the shelf carnival games," Lance laughed with pride as they walked towards the park, talking. "I didn't think you would want to go to the park to be honest, we are technically almost adults," he laughed lightly.

"I haven't been to one in years," Keith looked at the ground before continuing. "I didn't really have a childhood so parks were never really a big thing for me," he rubbed his arm slightly. 

Lance looked at him with sad eyes. "That sucks, my childhood was the highlight of my life. Going to the beach, amusements parks with my family and all that jazz," he replied with small jazz hands, lightening up the dull mood as both boys quietly laughed. 

Keith looked at Lance again, Lance's eyes filled with happiness. He envied that about him, even when he was mad he still had a hint of that sparkle lurking in those blue eyes of his. Keith gulped after realizing he had been staring at Lances face for a good amount of heartbeats and quickly looked away, scratching his face as if it was itchy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had arrived at the small park and plopped down on the nearest bench, legs aching from the walk. Lance stretched out his arm taking up a good half of the back of the bench. Keith sat on the very edge leaving a gap between the two. 

"So,"

"So," Keith replied with a small giggle. 

Lance scratched the back of his neck as the awkwardness only got heavier. He tapped his fingers against his knee before an idea popped into his head. 

"You wanna see how fast I can climb up that tree?" he said with a smug confident look. Keith gave him a side glance as if to say "Why?".  Lance only got up, ignoring the look he was getting from Keith and proceeded to dash over to the tree.