Baby Babble - Cribs, Babysitting, Ribbons and a Mischievous Steve

Start from the beginning

"Good right?" Tony challenged.

"Alright," you voiced, crossing your arms, "I'm impressed."

Tony's face became even more smug.

"I don't believe it." Natasha crossed her arms. "There's no way that you could go from a crumbling crib to... To this."

You shook your head, just as mystified as she was. "Tony actually did a good job." You told her, walking to the crib and testing its strength. "We've got to give him credit."

Tony's chest puffed out, and you suddenly regretted your words. This wasn't going to help his ego.

Someone tapped their knuckles to the door frame in a soft knock before walking in. Clint stood in the door, eating a sandwich. He took a large bite before saying, "Some guy at the door said you owe him like 50 bucks or something." He announced.

Immediately, Tony's face paled letting the two of you know exactly what had happened.

"You cheater." Natasha accused. "You paid someone to build it for you!"

He gave a sheepish grin and a shrug.

Rolling your eyes, you shuffled $50 from your wallet, handing it to Clint. "Well," you said with a smirk. "At least you still have another one to put together, Tony."

Tony's face fell. "Another one?"

"Well Bucky still needs a crib doesn't he?"

Natasha smirked then strode off while you have him a mock salute.

Your POV

The two babies woke up about thirty minutes later. You sighed before going to get them from your room. You were bending down and picking them up when Loki entered, leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed.

"Bad news." He commented.

"I really don't need more bad news." You groaned before turning to look at him but still expecting him to tell you.

"My books say that the spell won't wear off at the end of the day, at the most it will... Wear off in a week, tomorrow night if we're lucky."

A groan left your lips, sitting back on the bed with the two boys in your hand.

"But-" Loki continued, "I'm still looking on how to reverse the spell."

You looked down at Bucky and Steve who were poking each other. "How did this even happen anyway?"

His eyes narrowed. "I mis-said a spell. I told you."

"But how did it hit these two?" You bobbed the two babies to emphasize them.

Loki scowled at Bucky before pushing off the door frame and taking him into his arms. "Bucky showed up out of nowhere, surprising me. I mis-said a spell and it ricocheted off of the shield hitting Bucky and absorbing into Steve."

"Gosh dangit Bucky." You muttered with shaking of your head. "He refuses to be left out."

A smile flickered on Loki's face. "Much like someone else I know."

"That was one time!" You defended yourself but still laughed at the time you tried to stow-away on a mission.

He gave a chuckle before readjusting Bucky. "So what do we do with them in the meantime?"

You looked down at Steve in your arms, his blue eyes curiously looking up at you with a new found wonder. A warm feeling came to your chest. Babies were just so pure and Steve, already being pure, was two times it.