i. jinxes

6th Year
Friday, December 10th, 1976
Hogwarts

6th Year Friday, December 10th, 1976Hogwarts

"Bloody hell. Did Padfoot shag another girl? What's that? Three this week?" I asked turning to Moony, one of my best friends. He shrugged. "I s'pose so, Cloudy. You know, he still thinks he can get you." I grimaced in disgust.

Ever since our first year, I've been friends with all of the boys and Lily. In our fourth year, Sirius made it his mission to shag every pretty girl in the school and sadly, I'm apparently on that list. James and I both decided I would have nothing to do with Sirius. It was one of the rare times we actually agreed on something.

If you're wondering about the nicknames, well, the boys and I noticed how often Remus disappeared. But since I'm blunt as all hell, I asked him about it. With some extreme coaxing and chocolate, he told me the truth and how it happened. Eventually, I got him to tell the boys. As a group, we decided we would become Animagi to help him, secretly of course. It took three tedious years but last year we finally did it. My animagus is a Clouded Leopard, same as my Patronus. Sirius is a shaggy black dog, which I find entirely fitting since his last name is Black and well... he's a dog. James is a stag since he's proud and surprisingly clever. And Peter is a rat because well... he looks like a rat. We derived our nicknames based on our Animagus.

"Is he still dead set on calling me kitten?" I asked still grimacing. Remus nodded regretfully. "Prongs or I usually end up slapping him. Wormtail doesn't get involved." He reassured.

"Good. It's better you than I." I murmured in annoyance as I gripped my books for charms. Remus chuckled lowly and nodded.

Due to Sirius's newfound sexual interest in me, our friendship is basically nonexistent. Honestly, the bloke pisses me off. He blows through girls without even blinking an eye nor caring. Our first three years at Hogwarts he was funny and mischievous. But something happened our fourth year. He became more rebellious and more of a git.

Remus and I entered charms and I began to head towards my usual seat next to Lily which I found to be already filled with my foolish twin.

Lily's face was almost as red as her hair and my moronic brother sat staring at her without a care in the world. I slammed my books onto their desk causing James to snap out of his trance.

"James, what the bloody hell are you doing? Where am I supposed to sit?" James shrugged and pointed to his usual seat which happened to be right next to Sirius. Once he noticed my intense glare, he sent me a "seductive" wink. I groaned loudly.

"I thought we were both trying to keep me away from him?" I questioned, my cheeks red from anger.

"He gave me an offer I couldn't refuse." He gushed as he stared at Lily. I rolled my eyes in annoyance before hitting my twin across the head with my book. Lily looked at me and mouthed a silent thank you.