twelve

TWELVE!

the sun's going down!

"WOAH, WOAH, THE SUN IS GOING DOWN! The sun is going down!" Thor said over Bruce's loud gasping when he touched his shoulder.

Bruce flinched away, looking up at Thor and Amber with squinted eyes. "Aw, Thor! What happened to your hair?"

"A creepy old man cut our hair." Thor smiled and Bruce nodded.

"It looks good. Who is this?" He asked, looking at Amber who was peering over his shoulder with wide eyes.

Amber beamed brightly over Thor's shoulder. She stuck out her hand towards him. "I am Amber Abel. Let me just say that I am a huge fan of all your work! Your study on Gamma Radiation was spectacular, as well as your Biomechanics! I also love the Hulk!"

She shook Banner's hand a little too eagerly before letting it go and shaking her head. "I apologize, sir. I am just freaking out a little, I mean with you here, and Hulk before..." She trailed off, rubbing her eyes and stepping away, trying to calm her inner fangirl down.

Bruce chuckled hoarsely before looking at Thor. "How's Nat?"

"Uh, N-Nat's good."

"And what about Sokovia?" Bruce asked, trying to tighten the loose skirt around his smaller hips.

Thor's eyes narrowed as Amber rejoined the two. "Sokovia?"

Bruce pointed towards the front of the ship. "The city, Sokovia. Did we save it?"

Thor shared a look at Amber, as the two realized when Bruce was talking about. Thor frowned lightly. "Banner, listen. Sokovia, Ultron...that was two years ago."

Bruce rubbed his eyes tiredly with one hand. "What are you saying? I've been Hulk for two years?"

Thor nodded sadly. "I'm afraid so."

Bruce, who was still panting lightly, removed his multiple beaded necklaces and threw them down beside him. "What the hell happened?"

Bruce rose to his feet, clutching the sheet of cloth around his waist. Making his way to the front of the jet, he pressed his palm to the pad that Thor did minutes ago. "Voice activation required."

"Banner, there's something you should know."

"Welcome, Strongest Avenger."

Thor shot a look towards the controls. "Uh..what?"

Bruce ignored Thor. "Ship's log."

The computer flashed a video, showing the Quinjet losing control two years ago. Hulk, who was hanging onto the pilot seat, fear flashing over his face. "Thor...where are we?"

An alarm rang out, as Bruce looked around slowly. Amber peered over to see Thor looking guilty. "Yeah, about that..."

"Sakaar, hear ye, your attention please." The Grandmaster's smooth voice spoke over the intercoms. "It's bad news, bad news today. Saakar, hear ye. Attention please. I have some bad news. My beloved exalted champion has turned up missing."

The three looked up at the large hologram of the Grandmaster with wide eyes.

"Take to the streets! Celebrate my champion!"

"Who is that?" Bruce asked, panting lightly. Thor blinked. "Well, he kind of runs the place. You actually lived at his house for a while."

"I did?!" Bruce gasped, glancing at Thor. Thor nodded. "Quite a lot has happened. You, Amber, and I had a fight recently."