⊲|CHAPTER:62 'BUT I JUST VOMITED'|⊳

Start from the beginning

My breath was uneven, my heartbeat was totally accelerated due to the excitement and happiness. Ringing the bell, I prepared myself to reveal the news to Carter.

"Sophia!" Mary appeared. She didn't look surprised to see me. It was almost like she knew I was going to be at her house. "Or should I say Mrs.Woods?" She continued. I had expected a very cold welcome but what I received was a poisonous one. That was not strange at all. She had to be mad at me for the way I acted. She had every right.

She shook her head at nothing in particular and emotionlessness masked her face.

I opened my mouth to answer her but I was tackled by her in a hug. I could sense it wasn't a hug with love. It was more of a forced one. Why would she hug me if she didn't want to? Awkwardly, I patted her back, trying to figure out what was she up to. "How're you?" She asked, pulling away. The hug was not at all warm. If anything, it was a squeezing-to-death hug.

Although her tone didn't express anything she felt for me, her face expressions were now understandable. She looked like she wanted to punch the life out of me. And honestly I deserved it more than anyone. I was ready for not just a punch but numerous. The thing that annoyed me was the fact that she wasn't punching me. If she had been, it would've been a lot easier. But those expressions of her and fake hugging earlier were completely above my head.

I was shocked because I didn't expect her to even look at me yet she was hugging me. It was strange. Very very strange. "I'm fine Mary. And I'm really sorry. I'm sorry about whatever I did. I'm sorry about leaving Carter just like that. I swear I can explain."

"It's okay. It doesn't matter anymore," a sigh left her mouth, a sad expression plastered on her face as she opened the door wide. Her fists clenched and she seemed like she was trying to control her anger. "I'm sorry for acting like a bitch earlier. It's your life, you're free to do whatever you want. It's just that I lost Liam because of a girl. And," she sighed once again, "Carter is the only son I have now. I couldn't.... I couldn't let him go."

"Oh God I'm so stupid, I didn't even invite you in! Come on, come inside, meet David," she continued. The weird tone she used made me really edgy. It was like she wanted to say a lot but something was stopping her.

Not being able to control the excitement, I managed to let out, "I'll meet Carter first! Is he in his room? I've to tell him something!"

Mary looked down, staying silent. "I'm sorry if it offends you but I don't think you should meet him Sophia. You're someone else's wife now. He has accepted the fact that you can't be his. Now that he is trying to get over you, you come barging in here, wanting to talk to him? Either you take him or leave him, don't have my son hanging like that."

Her words hurt me. I knew I had hurt many people. But I was ready to explain everything to them. I was ready to narrate the whole story to them. I was ready to apologize and make up to them.

"I'll explain everything Mary. But before that, let me go give the news to Carter," I stated, not waiting for her reply as I climbed up the stairs. A giggle escaped my lips while staring at his room's closed door.

A sigh left my lips. God, don't ruin this for me. God, please, just please, this once, make things easy and right for me.

I had to be cautious to not destroy the happiness that came to me after such a long time. And I was already growing closer to the happiness. I didn't want to grow away from it anytime soon.