Chapter:18 'DO YOU LOVE SOMEONE, SPARKLE?'

Hey!

Dedicated to Xoxo-Mine for making me such an amazing cover. Thank you so much. And sorry again for making you redo it.

So How's it guys?

|🌀|CHAPTER:18|🌀|

"Sophia! Well done. You got-" Mr Miller was cut of by the class, "-all twenty questions correct!" 

"Yeah, as always!" A girl with thick glasses shouted from the front. I rolled my eyes as I smiled at the teacher.

Why are they so jealous? What's their problem?

I saw all nerds eyeing me when my eyes met Isaac's smiling face. Surprisingly it was not a dream. My rival was really smiling at me, knowing that I got full marks. As astonishing as it sounds, I tried to believe my eyes. Sending a quick smile back at him, I took my test paper from the teacher.

"Wow Soph! You got full in math? It's awesome!" Lia whispered in my ear as I came back to my table, making me laugh lightly.

"Thanks," I muttered under my breath, a contentment filling inside my heart.

Oh god how good it feels when you get full marks. There's no mistake on your paper. No corrections, no red marks. It feels good to stare at it again and again.

"Isaac! He got 19 correct! Very good Isaac!" Mr Miller called out. He kept on saying the marks. Knowing that he did one question wrong made me happy. I was happy because I had won, again. But when I caught him staring at me I knew Isaac was no more happy. He was staring because he knew I had won and he had lost. But if you asked me, teacher or anyone in the class, getting all of the 19 questions correct was better than excellent.

"Good!" I mouthed at him.

"Thanks!" He replied blinking, his smile replaced with a weird expression I wasn't able to make sense of.

"Wooh! Isaac got 19! That's great!" Lia whistled from beside me. Loudly.

"Miss Garfield, it will be appreciated if you behave yourself," Mr. Miller called out folding his arms under his chest. Lia replied him with a sheepish grin, a small blush creeping up Her cheeks. Suddenly, loud barks were heard in the class and everyone's attention was diverted to a jerk sitting in the middle row. Jack.

Jack did not know how big of a mistake he had done by laughing on Lia who was now as red as s tomato. And I doubted it was because of embarrassment. She huffed out loudly, giving her deathliest glare to Jack who did nothing but smirk in return. "You'll not get away with this!" Lia whispered, her voice nothing but threatening.

Oh God, this is not going to be good. At all.

"Sally, 15. You could do better!"

"Will... 16. It was better than last time."

"Riley.... 8! I need to talk to your parents."

"Finn! You did great. 17 correct answers!"

"Emma! You really need a tutor if you're interested in passing this grade." He shook his head. "And this girl, Kate! Listen, I didn't check your paper. I couldn't understand whatever you wrote. I'll check it when you change your microscopic handwriting!"

"Now this is..... this is... Carter?" It felt like a question and not a statement. On hearing Carter's name my heart started to beat faster. Carter stood up and gave me his refreshing smile. I smiled back, hoping this smile remains for long.