⊲|Chapter:52 'EX-GIRLFRIEND! EX! EX! EX!'|⊳

**** hey lovely people! This chapter is dedicated to UnicornsUnited101 and hello_people246 for supporting me. You guys are the best, really. Love you! 😘 😘 😘****

Please vote! Do you guys not want this book to be on the top?!?!???

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!

|🌀|CHAPTER: 52|🌀|

Love is a drug.

Love is an addiction.

Love is unexplainably hard.

Love is difficult yet, easy and wonderful.

Love is beautifully complicated.

Love is destructively constructive.

Love is flourishingly ruining.

Love is heart-shatteringly soothing.

Love is painfully curing.

Love is dangerous but makes you feel safer than ever.

Love makes you feel things you could never ever think of feeling. It takes you to places where you never thought you'd visit. It gives you memories, so beautiful memories that you keep falling in love everyday. It makes you a happy person. But above all love hurts. It makes you vulnerable.

It makes your life worth living. Love changes your life, from worst to better and from better to worst. And love had been playing with me, ever since I got to know it. Ever since I fell in love my life had been taking different directions.

Sometimes it made me feel happy. And it wasn't the kind of happiness I felt when Rebecca hugged me, it wasn't the kind of happiness I felt when Josh gave me birthday cards. Love gave me the kind of happiness where my heart swelled, where I could never stop smiling, where I did not have any other thing to accomplish, the real happiness, the one you want to last all your life.

And the other times, it hurt me. It wasn't the kind of hurtfulness I felt when the monsters took Josh, It wasn't like the times when people bullied me. Love hurt me like no body ever had, it was heart-shattering, it was making me doubt my purpose of being in the world, it was the kind of hurtfulness that had turned me into a shell of human, that had turned me into dead. I was alive, I was breathing, my heart was still pumping blood and my heart was still beating but I was dead.

I had decided to talk to Carter because I was worried for him. I had a clear idea about the fact that Carter hated me but I needed to make sure he was okay. Jack told me he had been home at four in the morning and hasn't opened up his room since then.

I had to talk to him and explain things to him so there I was standing in front of his house, my heart beating faster and faster each passing minute. My week fingers rang the doorbell of his house, my eyes descending down towards the floor, embarrassed of myself.

I had an idea of how much of a bitch Carter's parents might think I was. And it made me embarrassed of my actions to the edge. The door opened, revealing a sleepy Mary who smiled as soon as her eyes landed on me. "Sophie!" Her voice sounded like she was glad to see me there.

I smiled back even though I wanted to cry out loud because I knew the affection she demonstrated wasn't going to last long. It would disappear the moment she acknowledged the fact that I had broken her son's heart and not just left him, but betrayed him. I had lied to him and broken my promise even though I never in a million years wanted to do any of it.