The meaning of PIE (and Jacob Rachael)

_Part Seven_

*Mia's POV*

"PIE. PIE. PIE. PIE. PIE. PIE...!!!!"

I've finally explained everything to Austin, and I'm surprised he actually understands. The reason I'm shouting 'PIE', is because I love it. No, it's because the only part they taught us about freezing time at my old school in Columbus, is PIE. Seriously, someone asked how we freeze time, and our teacher said, "Pie. That's all I can tell you." I didn't get it. I still don't. But I'm looking up PIE right now on my phone, which is SO fucking slow.

Google : Meaning of Pie

---------------

pie1

pī/

noun

noun: pie; plural noun: pies

a baked dish of fruit, or meat and vegetables, typically with a top and base of pastry.

synonyms: pastry, tart, turnover More

a pizza.

Origin

Middle English: probably the same word as pie2, the various combinations of ingredients being compared to objects randomly collected by a magpie.

pie2

pī/

noun

noun: pie; plural noun: pies

short for magpie.

Origin

Middle English: from Old French, from Latin pica 'magpie' (related to picus 'green woodpecker').

pie3

pī/

noun

noun: pie; plural noun: pies

a former monetary unit of India and Pakistan, equal to one twelfth of an anna.

-----------------------------

"What? I don't understand this." I say as I give Austin my phone to read it.

"Neither do I." Austin replies with a confused look.

"Now what?!"

"Hmm... I do have a friend that's a genius when it comes to science and all that."

"OMG really?!"

"Yeah. Well, I mean I used to. He moved when I was in 8th grade and lost contact. His name was Jacob, though. Jacob Rachael."