Chapter 9- Questionable

Previously

"Woah- dude. No need to sweat it," he soothes, "So when can I come over tomorrow?"

"Oh right. Just let me check my sched. on my phone." I check my daily email. My schedule is insane; and it'd make me insane having to memorize it.

I have piano lessons after school today and my patrol (although that's obviously not on my schedule). Tomorrow is just basketball again, a shirt photo shoot in the morning, and patrol.

"Yeah, you can probably come right after school. I can see to it that you can ride with me and Gorilla." I say.

Adrien

A chill breeze ran through Paris. Winter was settling in hard, and if I weren't covered with my magical suit, I'd be wearing one of my Father's designed five-inch coat. Unfortunately, because my suit does not cover my face, My Lady will have to meet her beet red cheeked partner for patrol.

I've been preparing for tonight since this afternoon when I had the idea: asking questions about each other that doesn't involve identities (yet).

After all, I did tell her I'd find a way to get closer.

I finally spotted her among the white buildings. Wednesday patrols were always in front of an ice cream shop on a bridge. She is beautiful, like always, and stumbles when she lands onto the bridge, somehow making the land more lovely.

I strut over to her. The stress of my Father falls off of me as I watch her beam.

"So, how has my lovely Lady been?" I ask and grab her hand to kiss. Ladybug pulls her hand back and delicately pushed me back by the nose.

"It's been interesting. Now, can we get on with patrol; it's freezing!" she says, lazily playing with her yo-yo.

"Before we, uh, pounce off, I need to ask for something," I pause, waiting for her to remember what I said the last time I was with her, "So, I've been thinking...I really want to know who you are... BUT that doesn't mean spilling identities... I was thinking what if we: you and I, could ask questions about..."

"Chat..."

"About... each other on patrols. They would be yes or no, unless you want to answer more. We don't have to include names. And you have the ability to decline a few questions. Just one each day?" I beg, tilting my leather ears down. Ladybug deadpans. She raises her eyebrows at me.

"Paw-eeeeeeeeeeease...?"

"Fine."

"Come on, My Lady, can we please do this- wait, what?" She said yes! Yes! Ladybug rolls her eyes at me. I fist bump the sky.

"Fine. But this means no more asking for my identity. At all," Ladybug says like she doesn't care, but the nervous sideways glance she just gave me says otherwise. I beam.

I tell her, "Ladies first." She shuffles her feet and looks down to ponder.

Her hair was so shiny it reflected the moonlight. She sways slightly to the left and right as she thinks. Time stands still and I'm just looking at her. She's beautiful.

Exquisite.

Wonderful.

"Do you play piano?" Ladybug asks slowly, probably unsure about the deal. My ears twitch. She interrupted my moment of staring at her in awe, but I forgive her.

"Do I what?"

"Piano: do you play piano?" she says. I nearly laugh. I am going to ask if she went to school or if she's in my grade.

"Uh... yeah. Actually, I do," I say, remembering the awful pianist that taught me piano. Then, I remember a memory of my past when I'm with my Mother. She's sitting on the piano stool with me on her lap. She's bouncing me with her knee as I attempt to play the piano.

Ladybug looks at me in bewilderment.

"Chat Noir: the notorious, cat-loving, leather-covered superhero, plays... piano?" she asks in disbelief.

"You better believe it." I grin. After a moment of her precious giggles, I continue.

"Hmmm... what ever should I ask?" I question myself out loud, stroking my chin. "I know! Do you go to Francoise Dupont?"

"H-hey! That's not fair!" Ladybug stutters. She's avoiding the question... which can only mean...

"You do go to Francoise Dupont!" I shout in glee.

"Shhhhh!" My Lady shushes me, confirming the suspicion: she goes to my school! Ladybug crosses her arms, unapprovingly and a little bit hurt.

"Why did you have to ask about that school?" she scoffs. I assume she's probably embarrassed about spilling a big clue to her identity. Meanwhile, I have to scurry for an excuse. I can't tell her I go there. Maybe another night.

"Well, it's a battleground for several akuma attacks. Like Stoneheart, Lady WiFi, Evilistrater, Rogercop, and yeah. My school is like a magnet for akuma." I say. I don't even recognize my mistake.

"Your school?" Ladybug questions, appalled. She quickly smirks at me. I widen my eyes. Darn it.

"Ha! We actually go to the same school!" she talks to herself. I would be angry a bit at her for causing me to accidentally tell her I go to school with her, but she looks happy for knowing I go to school with her as my other identity.

I finally have a limited number of girls on my list for possibly being Ladybug. Once I tell Alya this, we may finally be able to track Ladybug down!

"Oh! And that means you probably know the girl with reddish brown hair, Alya! Don't tell her any of this!" she says as if she could read my mind.

"My Lady, I would never think of doing such," I say.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha ha. Yeah- I know. It's really short.

But the next chapter is underway! I promise... like, it'll be published Fridayish...

The reason for this being so short is because of the events they are completely different and I wanted to separate them... I'll probably revise these book completely later.

Please vote and comment!! Thx!