42• Morning afters and Ultrasounds.✔️

"you're the light;
you're the night;
you're the colour of my blood"

happy reading, my lovlies.•

Savannah

When sleep bids adieu, my eyes flutter open and I take in my surroundings. I am still sleeping on Adrian's arm. I turn to the other side to find a very awake Adrian looking at me, his other arm resting on his head casually. Creepy much.

I raise my eyebrows questioning him, as to what the hell he is staring at, and as if pushing him out of his fantasy world, his previously relaxed brows furrow and he blinks several times, contemplating what is most safe to say now.

I love you so much. I would not kill out child.

His words keep resonating in the corners of my brain, and every time I have to force my self to remember the walking image of him, leaving me at the altar. His voice brings me out of this internal battle raging in me.

"What happened yesterday-"

"Had no meaning to me, and shall never have any meaning to me. And I know it is the same for you, I'm glad we are on the same page for once. Besides you were drunk."

Liar. It probably means the world to yo-

Shut up. I turn my head up to look at him again. He looks like he wants to say something, but decides otherwise, pulling his arm from under my head softly, he gets out of the bed. And I miss him. I miss having his warm body beside mine, and I fucking miss him.

Well, shove it. Cause you're going to divorce the man. And you will have to learn to love him from afar.

I have no idea, why I'm being such a bitch to myself. I huff and pull the blanket off me. I smell like him. I realise I have my first appointment with the gynaecologist. I'm going to see my baby, for the first time. And yet you aren't completely happy, are you?

Surprisingly Adrian doesn't make any threats of bringing my psycho aunt out of prison or leaving my baby brother in her care, or ask me to go to the office with him, and I keep staring at him as he runs his hands through his hair, giving it a 'just got out of bed having the best sex of my life' look.

"You can take a picture, kitten. I've heard it lasts."

I bite my lips. Busted.

"And you can go fuck yourself, I've heard no one wants to sleep with you."

He clenches his jaw, and pulls his cuffs, arranging them.

"Do you want to come to the office?"

Maybe.

"Why would I ever want that? And most importantly why would you think that I want that?"

He looks confused as if asking himself the same question, and then answers.

"Oh well, you still are my assistant, and semi-okay at your job. And I have wasted enough time and money on you, so figured a compensation would be just fine."