34• Highschool Sweethearts.

"In the end we are all left completely and utterly alone."
                                        ~Niklaus Mikaelson

Savannah

The Donati Mansion was decorated again. The last time being our wedding. But the decorations weren't as peaceful and amazing as the wedding. They were jovial, party-like, and screamed billionaire way.

There were servants running around, and Evangeline barking orders, quite literally. And I felt bad for those people. She seemed quite controlling now. The bubbly Evangeline Donati, now vanished, replaced by this blood sucking vixen.

She turns to me and her lips curve into a smile, as she huffs, her hand resting on her hips. She comes to sit beside me on the sofa, where I am sorting Adrian's schedule for after the party.

"So, my dear sister in law. How tiring is it to be a Donati?"

"Oh, Eve, you know better than me now, don't you?"

"I do, Savvy. It's fucking tiring."

I smile getting back to sorting his schedule. And seconds later, Jackson jumps up onto the sofa, with a big, goofy knowing smile on his face.

I love my brother, don't mistake me. But that kind of smile seems trouble.

I raise my eyebrows in question, to which he pulls from his pants an iPod. A frikkin' iPod.

"Who gave you that?"

"Adrian, Savvy. Who else?"

"Give it back to him. Tell him, you don't want it."

"But I do want it."

"It's not right accepting gifts from people like that. It's his money Jack. You should not have let him."

"But I told him, that you were not going to be happy with this."

"And?"

"He said that you are his wife now, and-"

"And you should learn to accept your very handsome husband's money, and spend it." Adrain interrupts.

He ruffles Jackson's hair and asks him to go and learn how to use the iPod, as he sits down beside me, in grey a sweatshirt, and black slacks, his hair wet from showering.

"You are spoiling him, Adrian."

"Yes, kitten. 'HE' being my brother in law."

I huff. It's always crazy talking to him. He is so smooth with his comebacks that, your argument seems pointless.

As he leans in to look at what I'm working on, the manly scent of his expensive cologne infiltrates my senses.

"Planning my schedule?"

I nod, shaking my head mentally, and getting back to work. And he just sits there, calling Vanessa and asking her to recheck the invitations, and make sure no one is missed.

And my thoughts wonder to the last party I had been with him. He had kissed me. Not for the first time of course, but the kiss sure had left my insides tingling for quite some time.

"Maya, Eve's assistant will make you try your dresses for the evening. Don't hold back, kitten. I have all the money in the world. And I don't want people giving unwanted comments on my wife. Okay?"