Chapter 6: Stress & Snacks

Start from the beginning

"-All the girls want you to do their!" I heard Loonie say.

"Expect me." I said walking over the Loonie with the goodies. "Sorry Mal, I love my hair the way it is." I ran my fingers through my hair. I noticed that Jay and Carlos were being weird but also Mal and Evie were being more weird. Fake smiles and wide eyes, and just tensed up their bodies; something is going on with these guys. I learned how to read people thanks to mom.

"It's fine." Mal replied.

Loonie looked at the bowl that Mal and Evie were mixing. "Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?"

"Nothing special." Mal said looking at Evie, not noticing Loonie sticking her finger into the batter. "Just cookies." And turned her head right when Loonie was putting the batter covered finger in her mouth.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Mal, Jay, Evie, and Carlos yelled together at Loonie.

What the heck is going on? I thought to myself.

"What?" Loonie said with her mouth full of the dough. "I'm not gonna double dip."

"Do you feel anything?" Evie asked a bit concerned.

"Yeah, like maybe it's missing something?" Mal ask standing back.

Jay comes over to Loonie and leans against a pole trying to flirt with her. "Hey there."

Loonie took a moment and opened her mouth, "It could use some chips." And she walked over to the cabinet the held the candies and pulled out some chocolate chips, heading back to stand between me and Jay. Who I think she likes.

"Chips?" Jay whispered/asked.

"And those are..." Mal said kind of annoyed.

"Chocolate chips." I said looking at them and opening the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. "Just the most important food group."

"Didn't your moms ever make you guys chocolate chip cookies?" Loonie asked with half confusion and half sadness. "Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh form the oven with a big old glass of milk. And she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..." I looked at my friends and only saw their faces full of complete sadness. I guess some people don't treat their kids with love. "Why are you all looking at me like that?"

Mal was the one who spoke up. "It's just different where we're form."

Apparently Loonie didn't get it. "Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought..." And she's at a loose of words. "Even villains love their kids." Everyone's face was looking at the ground in complete and utter sadness. "Oh... How awful." Loonie and I teared up. Mal looked up at us and wiped Loonie's tear from her face.

"Yeah, well, big bummer." Mal just went back to normal, like we didn't have the sad moment just then. "But we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by."

Loonie grabbed some of the goodies I got and headed for the door. "Have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow." With that she left the room.

I grabbed the rest of the snacks and looked at them. "You guys should know that even some royals are treated differently. I was raised to protect my kingdom from any kind of threat, outside or from within it's walls." I said look over to Carlos. "You are here for you, not for your parents. You are not your parents." Looking at everyone else. "There is love and second chances for everyone here, even if you don't see at first." I walked to the door and looked that them one last time of the night. "Good night guys."

"Evil dreams." I heard Mal say.

*Carlos's POV*

'There is love and second chances for everyone', that kept echoing in my head after Kali left. After the cookies were done and walking to our rooms I stopped Mal before she went into her room.

"What do you want Carlos?" Mal asked very annoyed.

"I was thinking that I could just ask Kali if I could go to the coronation with her instead of giving her a cookie." I fiddled with my fingers, daring not to look at Mal knowing she will be even more annoyed.

"Carlos," she forcibly placed her hand on my should making me look at her. "we need to get that wand." There she goes, "If we don't get that wand, we not only disappoint our parents, but we also won't be feared villains like them. We will be pushed over like everyone that was not royals or those who got a happy ending."

"Yeah, but—"

"You are going to give her a cookie tomorrow." Mal insisted. "You can give it to her when I give Ben one." Turning back to her room door.

"Okay, I guess." I said under my breathe

"You guess?" And Mal heard me. "You are rotten to the core. Remember that." She said to me with her eyes glowing and slamming the door.

"There is love for everyone." I said to myself as I walked to my room. Keeping repeating it like a mantra. "There is love for everyone. There is love."

"Dude!" I was startled by Jay yelling in my direction. "What is with you today? Actually, what is up with you and that Kali girl?"

I could not hold what I was about to say. "You mean the same girl that kicked your butt just a day ago?"

Jay inhaled and exhaled very deeply, I think I might have broke his ego a little bit. "Yes, that girl." We both went to our own beds and sat on them and looked at each other. "What's up, dude?"

"I don't really know." I said with confusion in my voice and on my face. "But all I know is that when she said that 'there is love for everyone here' I just couldn't shake it off. Like we never have been treated with love on the Isle or even experienced love in our inter lives. But she seems to show us love and care that we've not quite experienced before."

"Carlos," Jay said "I think you might be falling for this girl." I smiled a bit, then Jay said this, "Then again, I have no idea about love either dude. I've flirted with a whole of girls but never experienced it with any of them. And never felt loved by my dad. All her cares about is finding a genie lamp and becoming a powerful sorcerer again."

"My mom just treated me like I have only her personal slave."

"It's getting late, dude." Jay said.

I looked at the clock on my night stand to see that it was midnight. "Yeah, night dude." After getting ready for some sleep and getting in my bed, all I could do was look at the ceiling and kept repeating the same question over and over again.

Am I falling for Kali?

*****************************************************************************

I'm from the dead! I'm sorry it took me awhile to update.

I have less classes this semester, but my mom has been in a case and boot for a couple of months. 

I will update soon on this story and the other one.

Who is your favorite of the Classic Disney group?

!!!!! VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE !!!!!