Chapter 34: Finally

Start from the beginning

"Of course it is, I just wished I would've had you from the start..." I trailed off, looking down at her daughter. Maybe she would be open to her being our daughter instead of just hers... I'd have to ask her. 

"I know, but how about you stop living in the past and live her where I am now?" She smiled, taking back Angel. I nodded and smiled, engulfing my two favorite girls in a giant hug.  

"So what should we do today?" Cassidy asked leading me down the hallway to the kitchen, still carrying Evangeline.  

"Actually I hoped that um maybeyoudgoonadatewithme?" I rushed out.  

She stopped and turned around, eyebrows raised. "Wanna try that one again?" She laughed.  

I took a deep breath and asked, "Would you like to go on a date with me today? You and Evangeline?" I think I held my breath until she answered. 

"Yes, we'd be honored Alpha Michealson." She laughed.  

I engulfed her into yet another hug, "You don't know how happy you've made me." I kissed her head. "I have to go get everything ready!" I said kissing her forehead and backing away. "Be ready by four o'clock okay?" I called. 

"Okay!" She laughed.  

I couldn't keep the grin from my face. 

***** 

When it was finally four o'clock I was so anxious that I thought I was going to have a panic attack. That feeling dissolved the moment I saw my mate coming down the stairs though. She was wearing a red sundress with flowers on it, flip-flops, with her hair down in loose curls. Little Evangeline was dressed in a little pink dress similar to her mommy's. She looked like a mini-Cassidy; she was precious. "You girls look amazing." I said kissing my beautiful mate on the lips a little to briefly then I would've liked. "Ready to go?" 

"May I ask where it is you're taking us?" She teased as she put Angel's little coat on, so she wouldn't get cold.  

"That my gorgeous mate is a secret." I said smiling while helping her with her coat as well. It wasn't really cold, but I'd rather her be warm and take off the coat then cold and not have it, especially where we were going.  

"You're not taking me out into the woods to kill me right?" She joked.  

"You caught me!" I said dramatically. She just swatted me on the arm. "You wound me woman." I teased, still being dramatic. 

"You're a weird one you know that?" She laughed. God, I loved her laugh. My wolf swelled with pride seeing her happy face and knowing that we were the cause of that happiness.  

"But I'm your weirdo." I said more serious than before.  

"That you are." She said smiling. She leaned up and kissed me briefly again. Damn, I don't think I'll ever get tired of that. 

I led my favorite girls to the off-road jeep I had in the garage. I had loaded up the picnic basket a little earlier so that Cassidy wouldn't necessarily see it in the back. As she got Evangeline situated and got in the jeep herself, I held up a blindfold.  

"Oh no you don't!" She said. "I don't do surprises! I've had plenty enough in my life thank you very much." She said crossing her arms stubbornly.  

"Oh just do it, I guarantee you love it." I tried to persuade, using my best pouty face.  

"How am I supposed to say no to that?" She said soundly a little annoyed.  

"You're not." I teased as I tied the blindfold on her head. I leaned down and kissed her pouty little lip, effectively making them turn from pouty to a cute little smile instead. "Much better." I teased.