Chapter Nine: Green eyes?

Start from the beginning

Pain filled the darkest depths of my heart. It seemed as though the more we argue, the more I'm connected to him, and it hurts me when all I'm trying to do is get away from him.

"Grey?" The words slipped out of my mouth as soon as I could realise it. He didn't turn at all. His back muscles twitched and flexed in response instead. I was failing to be nice when all he did was hurt me. I didn't want him to think he's right all the time so a little discipline wasn't a crime. "Could you tell the guards to let me out? I just want to be in the garden. I won't run, promise."

He exhaled and nodded but didn't answer. This time I was a bit taken aback. He couldn't be broken. What I said was the truth and I wasn't wrong.

I sighed and walked back into the corridor. The guards up ahead weren't there anymore meaning he simply told them to back off telepathically.

I pushed two heavy doors open and the bright sun coated me with it's honey embrace as I smiled at the warm feeling I missed out for nearly a week now. I walked barefooted towards the wide vast garden  up ahead. Different roses and trees grew around in a big wide circle like its own natural décor

I reached the centre and knelt down to my feet, stroking the small rose that grew on it's own. I searched around the garden, exploring every inch of it until I nearly stumbled over a slab. I turned almost in an instant only to gasp in shock when I realised it was a tomb stone.

I gazed over it until I found the name Ariana slightly below the name Brave. I knew it was a name by the way it was written. Which leaves me to one question.

Who was Brave?

I suddenly felt heat rise up my cheeks and I turned, confused at my own action only to find out why my body suddenly felt flushed. Grey was standing by the door and staring at me.

I turned back to the tomb stone and noted a small story underneath.

The darkest petals
The hearts are fetal.

Days can pass
But we won't last

Tears are shed
Yet we're not heard.

I've lost it all
And known to fall

Said I'd find the one
But there is none.

How long should I run?

I've always hated poems.

They were always so complicated and never made sense to me no matter what perspective I ought to make it. Whatever it says it must do with Grey. Someone died and that someone meant a lot to him.

I stood up straight and looked ahead of me. Only visioning a dark blurry forest with no piece of life.

"She was something else," I jumped in fright only to see Green-eyes. Studying me from the top of a tree. He tilted his head to the side a bit as if trying to see me.

"What?" I furrowed my brows a bit and he glanced up at Grey who hadn't noticed him then pointed at the tombstone underneath him. I glanced down at the names again. "Ariana?"

"The other one," he said it in a near whisper as he narrowed his eyes at me, as if expecting something.

"Brave is a female?" I asked, looking back at the name.

"Sure," he shrugged getting down. "You still remember we have to kill him right?"

I whipped my head towards him. I had completely forgotten! And we are getting married...

I'm supposed to be agreeing with his death but suddenly, I'd rather keep him alive than dead.

"I knew you'd have second thoughts about this," he sighed as he removed a small pocket knife from his back pocket and handed it to me.

"You're remaining with 7 days," he whispered as he placed it in my palm. "Deadline's the same day as your wedding, you have to take the chance."

I stared at him with a hallow feeling in my head. I had to sacrifice Grey's life for mine?

"I..."

"Emily," I glanced over my shoulder only to see a girl wearing a maiden's uniform. "Oh sorry! I mean Luna!"

I glanced back only to realise Green-eyes was gone. I sighed and covered the knife with my palms hiding it from her.

"Yes?" I turned at her and for a brief moment she glanced down at my palms. I cleared my throat and she glanced back at my eyes, chiding to ignore the question she had in mind.

"Oh... Dinner's ready," she said then looked back at my palms for a second before leaving.