[Chapter 12]

Aunt Jiyoung was walking around the house while Yoongi was beside her.

"I can't believe Chaeyeon agreed to his proposal. They only dated for three months." - Yoongi

Aunt Jiyoung chuckles.

"They're madly in love that's why. You should be glad Chaeyeon waited for three months. Your parents only dated for five weeks before your father proposed to your mother." - Aunt Jiyoung

Yoongi kept quiet as Aunt Jiyoung continue to chuckle due to his cute reactions. They looked towards Chaeyeon where Jungkook was staying so close beside her, never leaving her side.

The elders were complimenting Chaeyeon as she bows down to them with manners. While the elders were gone, Jungkook wrapped his left arm around Chaeyeon as she looks up at him.

"What? I'm just hugging my fiancee. Is that wrong?" - Jungkook

Chaeyeon giggles as she looks away.

"I can't believe this is happening. We've only been together for three months." - Chaeyeon

Jungkook leaned forward to her side face and nodge her softly.

"I'm an impatient guy." - Jungkook

Chaeyeon quickly slap his chest as Jungkook quietly laugh as he fully hugged her side with both arms.

"I'm just kidding. I heard from my parents that marriage is the next level for having a family of your own. I want to have a family with you, Chaeyeon. Because I love you too much to wait any longer." - Jungkook

Chaeyeon gave him a smile as she leaned against his chest, embracing his warm hug.

RyuJin and Mrs. Shin made their way into the Jeon house as they greeted the guests. As they were walking around, RyuJin saw Jungkook and Chaeyeon and went up to them to congratulate them.

"RyuJin-ah." - Chaeyeon

For the past three months, RyuJin and Chaeyeon has gotten closer together due to RyuJin always helping Chaeyeon out whenever she has a problem.

"Congratulation to you both. I never thought you would be this quick, Jungkook." - RyuJin

"Never underestimate me." - Jungkook

Jungkook playfully said as both RyuJin and Chaeyeon laughs. As they were having a great time, Mrs. Shin came walking up to them as Jungkook quickly put on his blank expression. Mrs. Shin stood in front of them with her expressionless features.

"Congratulations." - Mrs. Shin

Jungkook continue to be quiet as Chaeyeon tries to break the intense feelings around them.

"Thank you." - Chaeyeon

Just that, Mrs. Shin walks away as RyuJin sighed out deeply.

"Don't mind her. She's always like this." - RyuJin

Jungkook and Chaeyeon nodded their heads in understanding.

Jungkook parked his car in front of Chaeyeon's house. Before Chaeyeon could get off, Jungkook held onto her hand.

"Do you really have to go back home? Why don't we have a movie date first?" - Jungkook

"Jungkook. It's already 10 pm. It's late. I need to go inside. Besides, Aunt Jiyoung and Yoongi is waiting for me." - Chaeyeon

Before Jungkook could convince her, they heard the front door opening. Jungkook turned his head around only to see Aunt Jiyoung and Yoongi standing in front of the door.

"Ever since I proposed to you, they have been really protective lately." - Jungkook

Chaeyeon smiles as she gently took her hand away from Jungkook's hold.

"They're doing their job, Jungkook. Don't blame them." - Chaeyeon

Jungkook then turned back around to face Chaeyeon as he suddenly caressed her cheeks.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow." - Jungkook

Chaeyeon nodded as she got out of the car. While Chaeyeon looked both ways of the road, she walks across it. Jungkook then got out from his car.

"Chaeyeon-ah!" - Jungkook

Chaeyeon stopped walking and turned around.

"Have a sweet dream." - Jungkook

"You too." - Chaeyeon

They both exchanged smiles as Chaeyeon continues to walk across the road. Jungkook got into his car and was about to drive off until he heard screams coming from Chaeyeon's house.

He turns around only to see Chaeyeon's body lying on the road, blood streaming down. Jungkook quickly got out from his car and ran towards her as Aunt Jiyoung and Yoongi also ran towards her body.

Aunt Jiyoung was calling for an ambulance as Yoongi was trying stop the bleeding streaming down from Chaeyeon's head. Jungkook looked around only to see a silver car being parked ahead. The car then drove off as Jungkook boil in anger.

Jungkook, Yoongi, and Aunt Jiyoung was waiting outside the ER as Chaeyeon's blood was all over Jungkook's and Yoongi's white shirts. While they were waiting, RyuJin and Mrs. Jeon came running to them.

"How is Chaeyeon?" - RyuJin

Jungkook looks up at them and shook his head.

"They haven't come out yet." - Jungkook

"What happened?" - Mrs. Jeon

Aunt Jiyoung turn to them with her teary eyes.

"A car ran over her. Chaeyeon was just walking across the street when a car came out from nowhere and hit her." - Aunt Jiyoung

"It was a hit and run. The driver purposely ran over Chaeyeon. I saw it with my own two eyes." - Yoongi

Jungkook then thought of something as his eyes widens.

"Do you remember what color was on that car?" - Jungkook

"It was too dark but I think it has to be silver or black." - Yoongi

Jungkook then looks up at RyuJin as she was also thinking of one person. RyuJin then looked away as tears streamed down her face.

Jungkook and RyuJin were walking inside her house with cops behind them. As they entered, the maids came walking to them.

"Where's my mom?" - RyuJin

"Your mom hasn't been back since the engagement party." - Maid

RyuJin turned around to Jungkook as he sighed.

"Don't worry, Jungkook. We could track her down." - RyuJin

Jungkook nods his head as he turn to the cops, giving them a signal. The cops then went around the house looking for clues.

"Once I find you, Mrs. Shin ... I'll make sure that you suffer more than Chaeyeon did." - Jungkook 

TO BE CONTINUED 

FEBRUARY 24, 2018