CHAPTER 6

My life suddenly wasn't so boring. It was literally on fire. I never asked for any of these, but they kept coming to me. Everything has changed so quickly, and I needed time to adapt. I thought I never needed a plan. I just needed to breathe. I tried to believe that everything was going to be all right.

The rest of the day passed so fast because I helped Deby at the house matters. I asked Crista to buy me another cell phone, and I was waiting for her to come back home. I was looking for a good movie to watch with Deby when someone rang at the door. She ran to open.

"Hi, Deby. Is Jo home? "

"Sure. Come on in, please!"

"Jo, you have a guest!"

I went downstairs in my pajamas, and I saw Andy. A quiet smile appeared on my face, but I tried to hide it quickly. I wasn't ashamed of the fact that I was in pajamas, after the night when I showed up at his door covered in mud.

"Hi, Andy. How are you? "

"I came to talk to you. In fact, I came to see if you are in a mood for a walk and to talk then."

"Sure. Just wait five minutes to change my clothes."

I ran into the room, and I looked for some clothes. I didn't know what to wear. I looked for some jeans, a shirt, some sneakers, I let my hair on the back, and I put on some mascara and perfume. And I've done all of there in only five minutes! I felt a gap in my stomach, but not in a bad way. I haven't felt like this for a long time, and I had the impression that I liked Andy more than I thought before. When I was nervous I used to take a deep breath, so I did this, and I went downstairs. Only then I noticed that he was wearing jeans too, a shirt and a jacket. At least we fit into something. I took my bag and we left.

"Where are we going?"

"I discovered a beautiful place. I hope you'll like it!" he says.

I liked his mystery. He drove some time quietly. We left town, and he turned on the music.

"After all that happened these days, I wasn't sure if you want to see me again" he starts the conversation.

"These days, my life totally changed, and to be honest, until I saw you in the lobby, I wasn't sure if I wanted to see you. "

"And what changed your mind?"

"You", I say honestly.

I looked at him, and I smiled. He wasn't expecting me to be that honest. He smiled back and stopped the car.

"We're here. We need to climb a little over here, but I promise it will be worth."

We walked about seven minutes on that road, and when we arrived at the top, I was impressed. We could see the whole town from there, and it was peaceful. It was a beautiful view. I had been living there for so long, but I've never discovered that place.

"Do you like it?"

"It's magnificent", I say.

We stood on the grass. It was a quiet and bright night. The stars were shining, and I could feel from time to time an autumn breeze.

"When I feel nervous, I get on the roof to look at the stars. I mean... I used to do this until my house burned ."

"Jo..." he says, but then he stops".

I saw on his face that he had something to tell me, but he couldn't find his words.

"My life is not all pink as you may think. There are things, as you've seen, that turn me into not a so good person..."