Sorry

HARRY

"Ask her out. What's the worst that could happen?"

Harry raised an eyebrow at you as a look of incredulity spreads across his face, "Ron could hear or she might say no. What if both happen? Then not only will Ron know that I like his sister but I will have been rejected."

You glared at him. "Just ask the girl out, Harry. Besides, since when do you care about what anyone says? I mean you're friends with me and look at who my brother is."

Harry bit down on his lip. "The difference is that Ron is my best mate. I actually care what he says of me. Unlike your s-

"Hey! No insulting my brother," you cut him off. Despite what most thought you still loved your brother above most. Perhaps Harry was an exception, but doesn't everyone have exceptions? "Look, you'll regret it. You'll regret losing her to someone else." You paused as you looked to the door Ginny had just walked through. "You'll regret seeing her be in love with someone else while you never had a chance because you didn't take a chance." You try not to show how raw your emotions were but the words betrayed you.

You looked back to Harry who seemed frozen by your words. "Don't be me. Take a chance. Be happy." 'That's all I need.'

RON

"I hope you're happy."

You looked out of your window. "As happy as you can be in the midst of a war anyways," you wrote in your journal. Writing has always been a sort of anchor to you, and you needed it more than ever now with the war. Ron and you had actually broken up in sixth year. By now, he, unlike you, had moved on. Perhaps that was because most people didn't want to be around you since they all believed you were an evil snake working for Voldemort.

The war only got harder after Ron and you broke up because you had stopped talking to the Weasley's all together and they were what had held you together on most days. Ginny was like a little sister to you and Fred and George could always brighten up your day with one of their jokes.

It's a known fact that people need people. Sometime those people aren't around...but it's important to know that of course they care.

FRED

"I didn't mean it like that...and you know it."

You breathed out as you looked up at Fred. Honestly, it felt like until then you had been holding your breath out of fear.  "Are you sure? Because it sure sounds like it." This year was your fifth and Fred's last year but that meant you guys wouldn't be able to see much of each other. In fact, you'd only spend a few weeks together a year, so you decided to speak to him on taking a break... However, he took it in a way that was more of a final break up.

"I'm sure," you spoke strongly. "Unless you think it'd be better." Your eyes met his brown ones. Both of your eyes were filled with utter hesitation. You both knew a break up would be best but you just simply didn't want to break up. After all, Fred had just hit seventeen meaning he was an adult while technically you were a minor. As well as that, he was picking up business in his store meaning you'd both be really busy.

After a few moment of silence he finally spoke, "I don't know." That, however, wasn't the truth because both of you knew the truth. Everything occurring in your lives was leading to both of you breaking up. Perhaps not leading but they all had trails to that road.

"Or do we know," you spoke biting down on your lip as you always did when you were anxious. This time you held back from clenching your nails into your palm as you did when you were upset. "Fred, maybe we should be breaking up."