Chatper 11

It's been two days since I saw Luke at the coffee shop with the girl. Two days that I sat on this bed staring at the ceiling, not talking, not eating, not moving. Thomas tries to get me to eat, but I can't. I have nothing, nobody in the world who loves me.

The door to the bedroom opened and Dylan's face appeared above me. He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me up, he then swung my legs off the bed.

"Time to get up. You can't stay in bed all day. Come on the sun is out and I made New York pizza. Well, close to New York pizza, I'm not that good of a cook."

I shook my head and tried to lay back down, but he pulled me into a hug and picked me up. Once down stairs I was past to Thomas and taken outside to sit on the deck. The smell of pizza made my stomach growl. Thomas placed a plate in front of me, but I pushed it away.

"Can I go sit on the dock. I won't run away." I said and glanced at Thomas.

Those were the first words I spoken since before my escape. Thomas nodded his head and I walked down the hill to the lake. I sat in the middle of the deck, my fear of water is greater than my no longer caring attitude.

The lake was beautiful. It was surrounded by trees on the far side and the sun glimmered off the water. I moved to the edge of the deck and saw that the water was clear. I sat back and closed my eyes.

The birds chirped as I sat watching the water and tried not to cry. What happened between Luke and I? We were so happy before we came here. Or had I never noticed that he was unhappy?

I also don't understand how the man in the car was apart of the whole plan for me to see Luke. I can't knock Thomas, he is very smart. I fell right into his trap.

Dylan going swimming then calling for Thomas to come down. Thomas leaving me alone at the house for the first time. Nobody around this time to stop me from running. I just couldn't figure out how the man in the car fits.

But now I have nothing. No Luke. No one who loves me anymore. No reason to live.

No reason to live.

I stood up and walked towards the edge of the deck and looked down at the water. My body wasn't shaking or my heart wasn't beating rapidly like it usually does this close to water. I was wrong. I no longer cared about anything. That was the worst part. I no longer cared.

I stepped off the deck and gasped as my body hit the cold water. The lake was deep, deeper than I originally thought. Bubbles surged from my mouth as I sunk towards the bottom.

Black spots filled my vision as my mouth filled with water. It was all going to be over and nobody was going to miss me.

A voice sounded but it was muffled by the water. But I closed my eyes and let go from the world as my feet touched the bottom.