Chapter 14

"You're it!" I screamed as I slapped Dylan's shoulder, then took off back into the woods.

"Slow down! Why do you run so fast? Since when were we playing tag?" He yelled as he jogged after me.

"I'm bored. The woods aren't that fun!" I yelled back as I hide behind some rocks.

Dylan mumbled swears as he jogged passed me and I giggled. He began to call my name and turned in a circle. Once he saw me I stood and sprinted away.

We've been in the woods for hours now, just walking around. The woods were pretty boring so I started the game to annoy Dylan.

"Do you just want to head back to the house and play cards?" I turned and yelled at him as I stopped to catch my breath.

"Not really. Don't feel like losing right now."

"You're losing now."

"Shut up!"

I continued to run until I came upon a cliff that sloped down to fallen trees. Up top your could look over a small town. It was beautiful. I don't know what the town's name was, but it was beautiful.

"Your it." Dylan said tapping my shoulder.

He bent over trying to catch his breath as I asked him if he knew the name of the town. He shook his head and stood straight as I began to find a path down the cliff.

"Wait!" He said grabbing my arm. "What are you doing?"

"I want to see the town."

His phone went off and he pulled me away from the cliff and back into the woods. He kept his hand on my arm as he pulled his phone out.

"You can't go in public yet. You're all over the news. Someone is looking for you."

I stopped walking and Dylan gently tugged on my arm. Someone was looking for me? It can't be Luke, he already moved on. My parents are dead. Who then would be looking for me?

"Who is looking for me?" I asked and continued to walk.

"I don't know."

We made it back to the clearing and I stood on the porch as Dylan looked for his keys. Once inside I was lead to my room and he began to look through my closet.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Thomas said the you need to get dress. He wants to have dinner with you and wants you to wear something nice."

"I thought I wasn't allowed in public?"

"Nobody said anything about being in public."

He pulled dresses out and threw them on the bed, while muttering to himself. He began to struggle with a mint green dress, that was caught on the door of the closet.

"Watch it! Stop!" I said pushing him and pulled the dress towards me. "Be careful. No get out. I'll pick a dress out."

"Thomas said something about a black dress. One he saw your wear at a club." Dylan said shrugging his shoulders.

"That is not a date dress, that is my clubbing dress." I said taking the mint green dress off its hanger.

"Nobody said anything about a date."

"Get out!"

I pointed to the door and he laughed and shut the door behind him. I held the mint dress in front of me and frowned.

I never wore the dress before. It was the last thing my mother ever got me, before she killed herself, my senior year of high school. She killed herself because my father died in a boating accident in Germany, during one of his business trips the year before.

I changed into the dress and it fell down to my knees. It didn't expose too much in the chest area, just a little cleavage. I pulled my long brown hair into and elegant bun and put my mother's necklace on. The pendant fell to the middle of my chest and put my black gladiator sandals on, that stopped just above my ankles. I began to look for my makeup as a knock sounded at the door.

"Are you dress yet? Why do girls take so long?" Dylan asked and knocked again.

"Come in. I only took five minutes."

He opened the door and grunted as he sat on the bed.

"Where is my makeup?" I asked turning to him.

"Thomas threw it away. Said you didn't need to wear any. He doesn't really like that color. I mean you look great though." He said and began to ramble on.

"Well that's too bad. Is dinner ready yet?"

I was kind of mad about my makeup. That is not a cheap product. But, it was nice to hear that I didn't need it.

"Yeah come on. Least you choose comfortable shoes." He said and lead me to the lake.

Lost ~Thomas Sangster Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें