Ham And Pineapple; Farm Weddings.

Comenzar desde el principio

"I know you will, eventually." Her small shoulder knocks into me in an affectionate manner, "and I will always worry, but just a little bit more than usual at the moment."

'It's understandable.'

"Do you want pepperoni?"

She shakes her head, 'ham and pineapple.'

My eyes widen as I read her hands and my stunned mind can't comprehend, I must have read it wrong. She picks up a ham and pineapple but before she can put it in the trolley I snatch it from her confused grasp and throw it back on the shelf. "Are you crazy? No, I refuse to let a ham and pineapple pizza in my house."

She chuckles at my reaction, already knowing how I would react to the dreadful toppings. Why on earth would anyone want ham and pineapple on a pizza? They just contrast too much, my subconscious rolls his eyes in disgust. 'I'm joking! Meat feast it is.'

"That's more like it."

'You know, what if one of our friends liked ham and pineapple, would you refuse it still?'

"I love all of our friends but no way am I letting them eat that contraption in my house." Odette chuckles and rolls those beautiful eyes once again, her hands taking over from me on the trolley and she holds her weight up, gliding steadfast down the desolate supermarket isle. My heart jumps at her actions and I race after her, the thumping in my chest almost causing the beating culprit to escape as I run through every possibility on my hazard list. "What are you doing?!" I manage to grab the trolley and bring it to a gradual halt.

She looks at me like a child would look at a lollipop thief, 'spoil sport.'

"Spoil sport?! Spoil sport?! You could have died young lady."

'No I wouldn't have Harry, stop being dramatic.' She walks off, her dress swinging and her head held high.

I catch up to her once again, "dramatic?! Well wait until I call your mother and see what she has to say. I'm sure she'll agree with me."

'You wouldn't dare.'

I pull my phone out and hold it in front of her, my thumb finding Julia's name as I speak. "You don't know me well enough if you think I wouldn't taddle on you for your own well being."

'But I know you well enough to know that you love me and wouldn't want me upset.' Her eyebrows rise suggestively and she waits for my answer, why does it feel like I'm walking on eggshells now?

"I do love you, and I wouldn't want to see you upset," her smile is victorious and she jiggles in the spot happily, "but regardless, I would still do something if I thought that it would help you in some way. Even if you don't like my decision and you hate me, if it makes your life easier in the long run, that's all I care about."

'Okay okay, fine. You win. I'll be more careful.'

"That's all I ask."

•  •  •

"Odette what did I say not half an hour ago?!" I shout to her as she runs up the stairs ahead of me, clearly not hearing my reprimanding tone. When we exited the car she declared a race and sped ahead of me with two carrier bags in hand and an urge to succeed; my feet clamber behind her, her frame just about in my view as she speeds ahead to the apartment door and waiting patiently for me to open it.

'I won.'

"No you didn't," I say ask my wrist twists the key for our door, "I messaged your mum whilst you were running and she wants to speak with you." Odette's eyes blazing and I can undoubtedly tell that she isn't happy with my decision, "don't you dare look at me like that, I warned you before."