Chapter 12: It's Not Fine

'No..'

Seulgi thought as she locked herself into her room. Her tears dripping one by one, her heart aching as if it was being stabbed. It was supposed to be her best night, their best night. Why does life to be so cruel and make things so complicated?

"Argh!" Seulgi shouted but it rather became a whisper.

She doesn't want to accept all of this. She wants to continue convincing herself that it is just a nightmare. But it's not. And what makes her more mad is that she can't do anything about it.

"Seulgi ..?" Seulgi heard a soft knock from outside the room. Joohyun, who was the person knocking at the younger's door, then recieved silence so she tried knocking for atleast 3 more times. She received silence for the nth time, and she took it as a 'come in'.

She opened the door and widen her eyes in how messy the room is. Well, Seulgi is a messy roommate, but now, it just worsened.

Joohyun noticed Seulgi laying face down. Her hair covering whole of her face as she sniffs.

"Seulgi."

"I want to be alone Unnie-ah.." she once again sniffed.

"I just wanted to comfort you."

Seulgi raised her head. She looks into Joohyun's sincere eyes, she felt bad. So bad to the point she wanted to not accept her members since they're too good for her.

Joohyun knew Seulgi was not planning on speaking further more. She smiled comfortingly as she walks to Seulgi. She opened her arms in which Seulgi willingly took.

"Shh.." as she patted the younger's back, "we'll be here for you..always." And that made Seulgi sob even more.

_______________

Seulgi was now inside SM's van. She was with her members. Seulgi didn't want to go, she just wants to be locked up in her room, but her members told her that she'll need to get throught this. The silence inside the vehicle irritated the maknaes, but since they know how sensitive the situation is, they decided to keep silent and just text each other, atleast at their textbox they can talk freely.

"We're here girls." Their serious manager informed.

Seulgi felt her heart sinking when she felt her members going down the van. Since she was at the very corner of the car, she was the last to step out.

"You can do this Unnie-yah." Seulgi almost flinched when she felt Yeri's hand land on her shoulder.

The elder couldn't answer, maybe because she doesn't know if she can really do it, but at the same time, she doesn't want to add more disappointment to the current situation, so she tried her best to smile.

At last, they were already infront of the CEO's office door. Seungwan who was behind Seulgi the whole time can feel Seulgi fiddling with her fingers every now and then.

"Yah" Seungwan tried to put down the tension and joke a little bit, "You can do it!" She says as she puts her hand in a fighting pose.

Seulgi smiled a bit, despite feeling scared to death deep inside. Who would want someone you love to be drawn apart from you anyways?

The single-lidded girl turned her head back to her members who were all looking at her worriedly. She sighed before walking to them and pulling them into a hug. She wanted to cry, because even all this disaster, her members were always there for her.