Chapter Three

Imagine Dragons- Whatever It Takes 

Ethious:

She rode in on her sleek black and blue Jetski. Laughing as she stopped the ski right before hitting the pier. She seems amused by something. Her long ruby red hair is pulled back into wet a pigtail that is sticking to her smooth lightly tanned skin stopping right above her bikini bottom.

She stood up and jumped right in front of Rayleen. The guy that had told Rayleen where her sister was handed her a pair of black Ray-Bans and a see-through blouse obviously designed for making the bathing suit a little descent. This woman has a rocking body. Thick long legs, small waist, not too big not too small, perfectly round breasts. Damn, she's beyond beautiful.

Stop perving. Jace sent. I cleared my mind taking in a deep breath.

It hit me. It hit me hard. The frozen strawberries and vanilla scent invaded my very soul. My wolf growled inside of me wanting me to go to her. I took hold of the rail to keep me in place trying to fight him. She isn't wearing a life vest it bothers me a whole lot more now because she could have fallen off the jetski and drowned if she were caught in a riptide.

"These are my new friends. This is Ethious and Jayce," Rayleen beamed when the woman turned her attention to the girl.

"Nice to meet you. We've heard a lot about you in the four hours that we've known Rayleen," Jayce answered when I didn't.

"Oh really?" she asked looking us over before returning her gaze to her little sister.

Her voice sent chills over my skin making me shiver. Jayce chuckled. He cleared his throat before nudging me with his elbow a little harder than he should have. I let go of the rail and extended my hand to her. She quickly took it sending jolts of anxiety up my arm. I pulled her in not able to fight my wolf any longer. I didn't want to either. Not while I'm this close to her.

"Mine," I growled as we came chest to chest. She's tall me being six feet three inches she must be five feet eight maybe five feet nine.

"Not yet, wolf boy," she smirked and pulled away. I instantly felt the distance and wanted her back against my body.

"What was that?" Rayleen asked looking at me before she stopped her sister from walking away from us.

"Let's go to my office. We can talk there," she said walking passed me.

"Ray, need anything else?" the guy asked.

"No, Pete. You can go home. I'll close up after I take care of these gentlemen," he nodded and reluctantly walked away.

My mate gives off a certain power. For a human, she seems incredibly confident and not that fake confidence a girl with daddy issues has. Real confidence, the, I am the boss and you will obey me, kind. The confidence of an Alpha female. I know that look of obedience and discipline in her eyes all too well.

"Wolves. What are you doing here?" she asked sitting behind her desk just like an alpha female would. Just like Aren Glass the only female alpha I have ever encountered had when she had sat behind my desk asking for me to allow her and her band to perform in my territory. "Roro, go for a swim your skin looks a little dehydrated,"

"I want to be here. I can go swimming later," Rayleen objected.

"Fine, have a drink then. There's water in the fridge,"

"Kay," Rayleen sighed and went to the fridge grabbing a sports bottle. When she opened it the smell of salt water swirled out of it. The kid gulped it down like it was the greatest thing in the world. Jayce and I exchanged looks knowing that's not normal.

"What are you doing here, Alpha?" I noticed she has the same British accent that Rayleen has. Only her stronger not very girly voice makes it seem mysterious and sexy. It adds to the superiority of her person.

"We're looking to expand," I finally answered. She smiled.

"Something tells me you're staying even if I had refused whatever it is you would offer,"

"Something tells me you wouldn't want me to leave," at that she smirked making my heart beat rise. The smirk turned into a genuine smile as if she could hear the hammering in my chest.

"What's going on guys?" Rayleen whined.

"Your sister... She's my mate," I answered. Rayleen gasped.

"Is that even possible? Or legal?" I looked at her confused. Surely, she's heard of humans being mated to wolves. It's not uncommon. Rare but not unheard of.

"Lots of wolves have human mates," I said. Both of them raised an eyebrow.

"Exactly, besides we only know about wolves because aunt Elena was mated to Alpha Jordon Mathers in Liverpool," my mate said in a dismissive tone that made the statement sound like a complete lie.

"Oh, I thought they were just together," Rayleen shrugged relaxing into her chair with the water bottle in her hands. She continued to take small drinks out of it mindlessly as if it were a snack, not water.

"I assume Ro has shown you around and told you about how great this place is," Rayna smiled without taking her eyes off Rayleen as a protective mother would of her pup. I nodded.

"She's lively," she nodded agreeing with me.

"There are several openings you'd be interested in. Places where you can establish wolf housing, some can even move into town. Now, before you jump into anything I have to warn you about the problems,"

"What problems?" both Jayce and I asked.

"Two years ago, when we first arrived my sister and I thought it was a perfect place for us. Close to the ocean, open, economically in need of help, and the perfect place to set roots. Reyna Parker sold me the grounds asking me to keep it this way and I have. I do not plan to make any changes regarding her wishes.

"However, as of two months ago, bodies drained of blood have been appearing all over my forest. Tourist and our townspeople. Originally, I thought lamia. But when we did an autopsy on the bodies we discovered that the bodies have been drained by the pores of the victims. Through their chests. It left a handprint.

"We've been investigating on what kind of supernatural being has this kind of feed but nothing shows up on our research. No one back home has information on it either. It's a problem. A big one. Especially if you're going to be bringing kids and woman with you,"

"How many casualties?" Jayce asked.

"Eight. One each week since we found the first body," he looked over at me. I didn't look at him I kept my eyes on my mesmerizing mate. "It feels like a pattern,"

"Alpha?"

"Call it in. I want twelve hunting teams scouting the area by tonight. Make sure to tell them that they need to be in skin and armed. Completely armed. I want to know what we're dealing with. If possible bring it back alive but if it's too dangerous. They have the green light to execute whatever the find,"