6

[Eretria's POV]

"I don't care anyways, screw you!" I told off the kid who was supposed to be supplying me with my drugs. I couldn't believe he was backing out on me now because he was too 'scared' to get caught in the act. It wasn't my fault people talked; about me to be more precise.

It's not like i went around the whole damn school telling everybody where to get stuff, he should've been thanking me for sparking his money making in the last four days i had been at Northdale.

The blonde rubbed the back of his neck, face now growing pink as this was probably the first time somebody had confronted him about anything. Quite frankly i didn't care nor was i interested in continuing business with some scary punk.

I stomped away to lean against the brick wall of the school building, rolling up the sleeves to my jacket and reaching for my lighter and pack of cigarettes. I lit its end and brought it up to my lips, puffing out the smoke to cool off. It had already been three hours since school ended and i was waiting for the sucker to show up just so he could deliver his sob story.

"Hey, Eretria!" A girl's voice called out, she was walking out of the school building and practically jogging over to me. I rolled my eyes in aggravation , letting the cigarette tumble from my fingertips and onto the dirty school pavement. I stepped on its surface, putting an end to any trace of its once lively flicker.

"What's up Lindsey?" I asked tiredly. She was one of my cousin's friends, or should i say friends with benefits. Ever since i moved to town, all of Ricardo's buddies had been extremely welcoming of me into their cliques. Not that i needed them to be, it was always the usual for me to fit in anywhere i ended up. Moving to Northdale was just a plus since i already had family living here.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked, furrowing her thick dark brows at my annoyed demeanor. Her black curls were sprawled all over the place as her curly fringes tickled the ends of her long eye lash extensions. She was a really cute girl, i could see why Ricardo had a thing for her.

"My delivery guy decided to call it quits." I groaned, bringing my hand up to my face to massage my temples. I was growing extremely weary since i had to wake up at six in the damn morning to get to this school. School in Georgia didn't start until ten.

"Damn what'd you do in the span of four days?" She asked with disbelief and laughter.

"Apparently people talk and word got around about who my guy was and he freaked about the possibility of getting caught." I mumbled, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Well people notice you." She said. "You seem to have that kind of effect."

I rose a brow at what she had insinuated and watched as she bit her bottom lip.

"Listen." I chuckled, grabbing my keys from my pocket and tossing them into my dominant hand to show her i wasn't exactly down for where the conversation was heading.

"I better get going, my tia is going to be pissed if i don't get home soon." I dismissed myself from the female, leaving her with a slight pout.

Even if she was attractive, i wasn't about to get caught up in a mess with my cousin when his parents were the ones that had decided to step up and take me into their custody.

I hopped onto my bike, taking sight of the clouds forming in the sky above before leaving school grounds and making my way home.

~

I hadn't made it too far from Northdale when i spotted an all too familiar brunette walking on the side of the road. I slowed down, watching as the female was talking to somebody on her cellphone. It was Amberle. Her friend Avalon usually drove her home so i was confused as to why she was walking, especially three hours after school was over.