Chapter 8

"R-Remove the barrier?!" Freed said shocked. His emerald orbs widened as he heard the words slip out of the mouth from the shadow dragon slayer. He almost dropped his sword when he heard it, she was the woman who tried to kill him after he tried to give her food after all.

Rogue nodded and looked up from the ground. He was leaning against the door frame with crossed arms. "Yes." He answered.

Freed threw his hands into the air and jumped up from his position. "I-.Why-..Are you out of your bloody mind?! Do you know how dangerous she is?! She could hurt peop-"

"That's why Gray will make ice cuffs. His ice can't melt, right? Now that he has demon slayer magic he can create strong ice that is impossible to break, so if we cuff her to the bed with both of her hands and ankles she won't be able to any damage" Rogue said.

Freed pursed his lips together and scratched the back of his head and looked to his side. A sigh left his lips and he looked at Rogue again. "That's possible but still...Why all of the sudden?" He asked.

"She opened up a little. If we show her that we trust her a bit more then we might gain her trust more. You need to take small steps if you aim for a big goal" Rogue said while digging his hands into his pocket. He looked around the guild hall and then back at Freed.

Freed nodded and sat back down next to Bickslow again. "You should discuss such matters with Makarov, that's not up to me to decide" He said.

Rogue nodded and removed his body weight from the door frame. He looked around the guild, looking for the older man in the wheelchair. The man was holding a can of beer while his cheeks were slightly tinted pink.

Rogue walked towards him and tapped the old man on the shoulder. Makarov looked up and squinted his eyes. "Yes, young boy?" He muttered while drinking more of the alcohol containing beverage.

"I was thinking of removing the barrier around Death's arrow's bed and cuff her up with handcuffs so we could gain more trust of her" Rogue said while looking down at the man.

Makarov smiled brightly and quickly nodded his head. "Of course my boy! That's a great plan Sting!" He said while flailing his arms in the air. The brown haired girl in front of him, Cana, cheered with him and also raised her beer, but for her being a barrel.

"I'm Rogue.." Rogue muttered.

"Yes, that's what i said" Makarov said while waving him off.

Rogue sighed and shrugged. He walked back to Freed's table and locked eye contact with his emerald eyes. He nodded his hand and dug his hands into his pockets. "Makarov agrees to the plan" Rogue said.

Freed sighed and nodded. He got up from his seat and followed Rogue to the infirmary. "I still think it's a ridiculous idea! She's a well known murder!" Freed exclaimed while throwing his hands into the air.

Rogue ignored the green haired man and tapped Gray's shoulder as they passed the table he was sitting at with his friends. The black haired male looked up and pulled up his eyebrow. "Yes?" He asked.

"I need your help with something, do you've got a minute or two?" Rogue asked. Gray nodded and removed his arm from Juvia's shoulder. He shuffled on the seats before joining the duo on their way to the infirmary, his hands into his pockets. The man cocked his eyebrow up and cocked his head up.

"Why'd you need my help?" Gray asked while switching his gaze between Rogue and Freed, who was silently muttering things to himself as a shadow dusted over his eyes. He sulked over the idea of removing the barrier, but followed the raven haired man anyway.