Prologue

Laughter and Words echoed through the guild hall of the well known guild Sabertooth. People were drinking, Talking and some were even arm wrestling.

The noisy Guild master wasn't what you would call a great 'Addition' to this mess, because he was the loudest one of them all. He would get into Friendly fights with almost everyone, something that always lead to something breaking, or he would shout through the guild at his Shadow dragon slayer friend that was silently sitting into table, sinking into deep thoughts.

No one ever knew what he was thinking, not even his small green companion in a pink frog suit. Of course some people knew a little bit, but Rogue kept a lot to himself. The things that he kept to himself were much more important then a curtain blonde dragon slayer shouting to him that he should come drink with him.

"Rogue?"

Rogue looked into the big cute orbs of the green exceed and raised his eyebrows. Frosch gave him a small white flower and sat down in front of him on the table.

"Is Rogue okay?" He asked with a sweet voice.

Rogue raised his hand and placed it on top of Frosch's head. He gave the exceed a small pet on his head and then retrieved his hand.

"I am fine, Frosch" He said with a cold, but soothing tone.

Frosch nodded happily and skipped away. He walked towards Lector and started talking with him. Rogue heard the first few words of the conversation but drifted off into his own mind again, completely shutting off anything around him.

"Rogue-sama? Are you sure you're okay?" A sweet voice asked. Yukino tilted her head a little while taking a seat on the bench that was across him. She placed a small basket on the table that was filled with cookies, something that she placed on every table in the guild.

Rogue nodded and leaned back against the bench.

"I know you have always been a little quiet,distant and not much of a talker but.." Yukino trailed of and sighed.

"You've been very isolated lately." A masculine voice said, finishing the girl.

Sting leaned his fore arms on the bench that Yukino was sitting on and folded his hands. "Every two days you go out at night without Frosch and you don't tell anybody where you're goin-"

"As i already said, I am doing fine. And i've been training at night lately, without Frosch because he needs his sleep" Rogue cut him off while shutting his eyes.

He pushed himself off the bench and walked away from the table.

"Now if you'll excuse me, i need to go somewhere. Sting you watch Frosch, i can't take him" Rogue said while walking to the guild doors, about to take his exit.

Sting watched his friend with a small frown and low hanging shoulders. The truth was that he was worried. Rogue really was acting more isolated. Maybe he was depressed? What if he was unhappy? Would he leave the guild?

It bothered Sting. It bothered him a lot. Almost everyone that had a sort of close relationship to Rogue had noticed and they all had different thoughts about it. Some cared more then the others did, Sting being the one that worried the most.

But one thing was sure, and that was that they all wondered what was going on with Rogue Cheney.

The only person that knew was the mysterious shadow dragon slayer himself, and he wasn't planning on telling anybody soon. Maybe later, but not now. Not the way that things currently are.

Speaking of, Rogue was making his way through the lonely quiet streets of Fiore. The street lights were shining onto the pavement, making possible to atleast see the smallest bit of his surroundings. Even tho he already was, since Shadows are pretty much his whole entire life.