Special Surprise

Sarah's POV

"Good night, everybody!" I yelled as I waved to the crowd. As I walked off stage, I handed my mike to a stagehand and took the water bottle she was holding. As I walked back to my dressing room, I drank half of the water.

My phone started to ring as soon as I walked into my dressing room. "Hello?" I asked, trying not to sound as exhausted as I actually was.

"Sunny!" Mr. Hanson's cheery voice made me cringe.

"Mr. Hanson!" I fake laughed. "How are you?"

"Well my number one recording artist just sold out another concert hall! That's you, by the way."

"That's great!" I fake exclaimed.

"I know! Anyway, just wanted to say you are doing amazing and people are loving you Sunny!" Before I could say anything else, I was greeted by the end tone.

"It's Sarah," I sighed after he had hung up. I gently tossed my phone onto the couch and sat down next to it.

I leaned my head against the wall, closing my eyes. I jumped when there was a knock on my door. I ignored it, but groaned when the person knocked again. "Okay okay. I'm coming," I sighed as I got off the couch. When I opened the door, my eyes widened.

"Jeremy?" I gasped.

"Hey, Sunny." He smiled his Hollywood smile. "That was one hell of a show."

"Wait, I thought you were driving. . . What are you doing here?" I asked ignoring the compliment.

Jeremy opened and closed his mouth, unsure of what to say. He took a step forward, fully coming into my dressing room. I gasped when I realized we were inches apart, our noses almost touching. "Jeremy?" I whispered.

"Sarah," he whispered back. Jeremy reached up, gently grabbed my face in his hands. I gasped when he pressed his lips to mine. Without hesitation, I started to kiss him back. Our lips moved in sync as his arms wrapped around my waist and my arms wrapped around his neck. We pulled apart when neither one of us could breathe.

"Look, I know that you'll probably never believe me, but Sarah I really do care about you. I want to start over. For real. I want to date you but. . . I understand if you don't trust me. I understand if every time I do anything, you think I'm doing it because people are watching. I understand if you think every flower has an alternate motive. But, let me prove that it isn't. Please."

I opened and closed my mouth, unsure of what to say. I watched as his face fell. "I understand," he sighed as he took a step back.

"Jeremy, wait." I grabbed his shirt with my hands and pulled him closer, pressing my lips to his. Jeremy wrapped his arms around my back, pulling us even closer. I gasped when his hands got lower and lower as he backed me against the wall.

I smirked when he moaned as I ran my hands through his hair. "Jeremy," I sighed as he moved from my lips to my neck. "Jeremy, wait." I said, softly pushing him away. I ran my hands up and down his chest before wrapping them around his neck.

"What's wrong?" He asked rubbing his thumbs on my hip bone under my shirt. "Is it. . . Me?"

"No! Jeremy, no." I shook my head as I played with his hair. "It's just," I backed away from him and started pacing. "Hanson set up this whole tour and I'm. . . I'm gonna be on the road for the next like six months and. . . It wouldn't be fair to you."

"Sarah," Jeremy sighed with a soft smile.

"No, you don't understand Jeremy!" I said as I stepped away from him and started pacing. "I'm going to be gone for months. And I'm going to be places where we won't be able to talk. Do you understand what that means? What that would mean for us? I can't ask you to do that, Jeremy."

"Sarah, I know what it means for us. I also know what it means for you and your career." He said, stepping in front of me. He reached forward and started to rub my arms. "It's going to be okay. We'll figure it out."

"Six months, Jeremy. That's half a year. Do you really want to spend the first six months of our relationship over unanswered texts and missed phone calls?"

"Sarah," he sighed.

"Are you really willing to spend the first few months together, apart?" My voice broke as tears threatened to fall. He pulled me into his chest and rubbed circles on my back. "This is why I've never had a boyfriend," I said the tears finally falling. "My career has always gotten in the way of a relationship. The guy always ends up feeling like second choice to my career. I can't. . . I don't want to make you feel like that!" I said pulling away from him.

Jeremy reached up and caught a tear with his thumb. "Sarah, it's going to be okay. We're going to figure it out. I'll text you everyday, even if you don't text back. We'll try to call each other as much as possible. And I'll come and visit you. It's going to be okay. I promise."

"But," I started to say but he cut me off.

"I won't feel the way those other guys have, Sarah. I promise. We are going to make this work because. . . Because I love you."

I opened and closed my mouth, completely awestruck. "Please say something," he whispered.

"I. . . I love you too." I said with a small laugh. I gasped when Jeremy picked me up and spun us around. "What are you doing?" I laughed as he finally put me down.

"I'm sorry," he laughed as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "I'm just. . . Really happy." I stood on my toes and pressed my lips to his.

"Me too."