A Man Who Never Chase, Chases

Jeremy's POV

As the interview ended, I shook Kyle's hand and headed to my dressing room. I checked my phone but shook my head and put it back into my pocket.

What did I think? That Sarah was gonna see the interview and come running to me?

I ran my hand through my hair and sat on the couch. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. "Yeah?"

"Hey," I turned to see John walking into the room. After he closed the door, he sat down next to me. "For what it's worth," he said clearing his throat, "I think what you did was. . . I'm proud of you Jeremy. I really am. I think, whatever happens, Sarah did help you become a better man."

"Yeah well, to her I'm still an asshole." I stood up and ran my hand through my hair.

"You can still change that."

I couldn't help but scoff. "John," I sighed as I started to pace. "I fake proposed to her and then lied about it on national television to the one interviewer who loves exploiting secrets. If I was her, I would hate me too."

"Well lucky for you," he said standing up and stopping me from pacing. "You aren't Sarah. Jeremy, Sarah is one of the most amazing young woman I have ever met. She is talented, strong, funny, beautiful, and the most down to earth girl. If you truly care about her, she is the kind of person who is understanding."

"Can I ask you something?"

I nodded as I crossed my arms across my chest. "Yeah."

"Do you love her?"

"Yes," I said without hesitation. "I'm in love with Sarah Walters."

"Then why the hell did you say that to me and not to her?"

**********

When we pulled into Sarah's apartment building, I jumped out of the car before John had even pulled into a parking spot. We ran to the elevator and I frantically pushed the button for her floor. When the elevator doors opened on her floor, I sprinted down the hallway. I stopped in front of her door and pounded on the door.

"Come on, Sarah. Open up," I sighed as I kept knocking on her door. "Sarah! It's me! Please open up!" I jumped when the door opened.

"Max?"

"Hey, Jeremy." Max greeted me with a sad smile on his face.

"What are you. . . Where's Sarah?" My eyes narrowed when I saw him hesitate. "Max?"

"She's not here," he said slowly.

"Oh, ummm okay. Is she at the studio?" I asked as I started to turn and leave.

"Actually," he said slowly making me freeze.

"Max, where is Sarah?" I asked slowly.

He looked at his watch and sighed. "She should be getting ready in her hotel room."

"Hotel room? She's already gone?"

"I'm sorry Jeremy. She left this morning."

I ran my hands through my hair as I swore under my breath. "Damn it."

"Where's her show?" John asked.

"Look, I'll only tell you where she is if you tell me something in return."

"Anything," I said trying not to sound as desperate as I felt, but failing.

"Sarah is like a daughter to me. I care about her as if she was my own. I will not stand back and watch you hurt her any more than you already have, so I want you to tell me the truth. Do you love her? Do you love Sarah?"

"Yes," I said with no hesitation. "Max, I love her. More than I have ever loved anyone. She. . . She's the world to me and I will spend every second of every day proving that to her. And you. Max, I promise I will never hurt her again. I will never cause her pain like the pain I've already caused her. I promise. Please, where is she?"

Silence fell between the three of us as I waited for him to answer. Suddenly his frown was replaced with a smile. "She's in Las Vegas at the Bellagio. She only has one show tonight and it starts in two hours. Go get her."

"Thank you," I said before running down the hallway.

"Jeremy wait!" John yelled as he caught up to me when we reached the lobby.

"I can't wait, John. I've already waited too long." I said leaving the apartment building and getting into our car.

"Do you think we'll get there in time?" John asked hesitantly.

"I can get us there in four hours. Three if I ignore the speed limit." I said smirking over at John from the driver's seat.