Rumors Spread Like Wildfire

Sarah's POV

I stared down at Jeremy, kneeling on one knee holding my hand in his.

"No,"' I said softly, pulling my hand out of his grasp and backing away. "No no no. I. . . I really. . . I can't do this. . . I really can't do this anymore," I said with tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Sarah," Jeremy said standing up. "I didn't mean to. . . It was a joke. . ."

"No. Okay? No. I don't know how you are able to play with someone's feelings like this, but I. . . I can't. I'm sorry." I wrapped my arms tightly around myself and quickly left the restaurant.

**********

I woke up the next morning, feeling like I was in slow motion. I got up and took a shower. Instead of heading to the studio, I decided to change back into my pajamas. I made cup of coffee and scrolled through social media. I almost spit out my coffee when I saw what was all over every social media website; a picture of Jeremy and I.

Not just any picture. It was a picture of Jeremy fake proposing to me. Of course no one knew it was fake. No one knew that our whole relationship was fake. Every date was fake. Every conversation was filled with lies. Every kind gesture had an alternative motive. The feelings I have for him are based on lies.

The rumor of our engagement spread like wildfire. Actually it spread faster than wildfire, and I didn't even think that was possible.

I was curled up on the couch watching tv when my phone rang. As I read the name on the screen, tears filled my eyes.

Jeremy Jordan

I let out a sigh of relief when it stopped ringing. I turned my attention back to the tv. I was about to fall asleep when my phone started ringing again. I looked at the name and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Damn, Walters. You sound like death."

"Max, I haven't eaten since the sandwiches you brought us yesterday, I spent all last night crying, and I walked away from the one guy who makes me feel like a normal person. . . In other words, I feel like complete shit. What do you want?" My voice cracked as tears formed.

"Sarah," Max sighed sadly. "I'm guessing you've seen the photos?"

"Of course I have! They are all over! How the hell did I get into all of this? Why did I have to say yes? What is wrong with me? Why does he make me so crazy?"

"Because you like him, Sarah. It's obvious that, somewhere along this fake relationship, you've both developed feelings."

"Wait, both? What. . ." I was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

"Max, I gotta go." I said after I opened the door. I put my phone in my pocket before hugging myself. "What the hell do you want?"

"Sarah, I know things are crazy right now but. . ."

"Crazy? John, he fake proposed to me! Not only was that extremely stupid since we had only fake dated for six months, but. . . Fake proposing?!" I bit my lip as tears started to stream down my cheeks. "It sucked, John. It was embarrassing and humiliating and it made me feel like an idiot. You two have no idea how much that hurt. You two have no idea how much it sucks to be used and played with like this! Please, leave me alone. And if you ever need another favor, ask someone without feelings."

I shut the door, but he stopped it with his foot. I rolled my eyes as I turned around and went back into my family room.

"And let me introduce our next guest, Mister Jeremy Jordan." John and I looked at each other with wide eyes. "Jeremy, thank you for being here."

"Thank you for having me," Jeremy smiled his intoxicating smile.

John and I sat on the couch as we watched Jeremy talk about his recent movie. And then, the interviewer looked at her notes and smirked.

"So, Jeremy. Tell me about Sunny." She said, folding her arms. I nervously started chewing on my thumb nail at the mention of my name.

"Well, her name is Sarah Walters, but her stage name is Sunny." I couldn't help but smile as he corrected her. I cleared my throat and tucked my knees underneath me as the smile fell from my face.

"Yeah yeah," she dismissed. "A little birdie told me that you and Sarah are engaged! Is it true? We want to know every detail."

Jeremy looked at the camera and hesitated. "Yes it's true."

I couldn't hear anything that was said after that. All I could hear was the blood pumping in my ears. I tightened my fist so tight, my knuckles turned white. I dug my nails into my palms as I watched Jeremy use laughter to cover up all the lies he was telling.

I stood up and slipped on my shoes. I stormed out of my apartment, ignoring the calls from John. I didn't care what he thought or what was the "right choice".

I was going to give Jeremy Jordan a piece of my mind.