•ELEVEN•

I couldn't breathe. All I could think about was him. I didn't know where he was or if he was dead or alive. All I knew was that he'd just saved me.

"Leia!" I screamed. "Someone, anyone! We have to find him!" Deep down, I knew my yelling didn't help. They rarely, if ever, went to save an x-wing pilot. Usually it was just over for them.

But I wasn't "they". I was my own person. I had to get him. I just didn't know where to look.

I watched as his x-wing plummeted downwards, and I followed it. Was he inside? I didn't know. I heard crackling into my headset.

"...help..." Poe whispered. I gasped. He was still alive. Alive enough to speak a word, at least. I followed him ship closely, just focusing on him. I had to save him.

I slowly approached his x-wing, attempting to hide myself behind the other ships. I saw a flash of his uniform through a smashed window. Now I just had to figure out how to do this.

My x-wing wasn't meant for two people.

"Hey, anyone have an empty seat in their x-wing? For Commander Dameron," I said quietly. "Blue Six?"

"On it," he replied, and quickly flew over to me. "Alright, where's Dameron?"

"Working on it," I muttered. I pushed down hard on the piece of scrap metal I was using to force open the window. Poe was unconscious inside.

"I'll take it from here. You go cover the others," Blue Six said. I nodded and flew off, only to watch TIE fighters approach Poe. Quickly, I shot them down, but more were coming.

They were surrounding him.

"We're going to take him," I heard Kylo say. His disgusting voice filled my head. "And we're going to kill him."

They wanted me. I was what they needed. They would have another force-sensitive member of their army. Kylo Ren thought I would be useful.

There was no way I'd ever join them.

I kept attempting to shoot down all of the TIE fighters. I watched as Poe was successfully lifted out of his x-wing, somewhat discreetly.

The First Order ships obliterated Poe's abandoned one in an instant. They desperately wanted him dead.

I flipped off my microphone.

"What do you want, Kylo?" I said, disgusted. "I'm not the most powerful one here."

"But you would be powerful to us," he answered. God, I hated hearing his voice. It was sickening. "And we need you."

"You killed my family." I felt myself getting heated. "You destroyed my planet."

He said nothing.

And there was nothing to say.

It was what the First Order did. They were murderers and tyrants who wanted full control over a galaxy that wasn't theirs to rule over.

They'd already killed my family, destroyed my planet, tortured Poe and I, and now they wanted to recruit me. And murder the only family I had left, Poe Dameron.

"All First Order fighters, concentrate on that x-wing," Kylo growled.

"No. Don't do this. Kylo, don't," I said angrily. "Don't you dare."

"You can't stop me," he answered, but his voice wavered.

"Ben," I said softly. The word sounded weird coming out of my mouth. It reminded me of the last. "Please."

"You can't do anything about it anymore," he said quietly. "It's already done." The way he said it sounded like he wasn't so sure.

"Please, don't take him from me," I begged. "Don't do this."

"I have to."

"You aren't Ben anymore," I said simply. "You aren't. The boy I once knew is nothing."

"I am Kylo Ren, not Ben Solo," he answered. "I'm not who you want me to be. I'm going to kill him."

I watched as the TIE fighters headed that way. There was only one thing I could do at this point. And I had to do it.

"Stop the TIE fighters," I ordered. "Kylo Ren, if you stop them, I willingly surrender myself to the First Order." I couldn't believe what I was saying. I just wanted to hug Poe one last time.

But I couldn't. I had to save him first.

I watched, in shock, as the fighters turned around. He'd actually done it.

I felt my ship being pulled in towards the Star Destroyer that Kylo was on. They were murderous traitors, and I was becoming one of them.

I tucked my necklace under my shirt, ensuring that I'd be able to keep it.

"I love you, Poe Dameron," I whispered, closing my eyes as my ship was landed. And I stepped out of it.

"So you're really doing this," Kylo said, walking towards me.

"If you so much as lay a finger on Poe Dameron, I will not hesitate in a fight," I threatened. He nodded.

"You wouldn't kill family." I glared at him.

"You're not my family," I answered. He smirked.

"That isn't what you told me," he said, offering his hand. I stayed where I was, unmoving. "When we trained together."

"You weren't Kylo then," I said.

"Oh, but I always was." We both knew that was a lie, but none of that mattered. He walked ahead of me and all I could think about was the Resistance.

"Leia, I really need you know," I whispered. "Please help me."

And somehow I knew that she heard me.

All I had to do now was wait. Which is, in all honesty, the hardest part of anything.