•FOUR•

Poe and I walked back from the Resistance celebration, hand in hand. People hadn't really commented about us. I wondered if anyone had even seen us, but I didn't care. I was honestly too smitten to think.

"Tonight was awesome," I said, leaning my head on him. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead. "I want to do this more often."

"So you're saying you want to make it official? You and I?" he asked hopefully. I nodded, and he grinned. "Good." He grabbed a strand of my hair and twirled it on his finger.

"Why don't you just grow out your own hair?" I sassed, laughing. "Am I your hair inspiration?"

"Obviously, I want to braid mine like that," he joked. "Plus your hair is really soft."

"It's called a comb, genius." We sat down together on our favorite spot and I scooted next to him. "You know, I've always dreamed of joining the Resistance."

"Well, Princess, you're pretty good at it." He winked at me. "If you weren't so judgy, you'd be my dream girl." I faked hurt.

"Ouch, Poe. Well if you weren't so rude, you'd be my dream boy." He raised his eyebrows at me. "But I think those two cancel out."

"Then we're perfect for each other." I grinned and he leaned in for a kiss, but we were interrupted by footsteps behind us.

"So, there's a new couple, huh?" Finn laughed as he spoke. "Well well well."

"You have horrible timing," Poe muttered, and I laughed. "What's up?"

"I was just going to see where you two had run off to. Guess I found ya," he said, shrugging. "Well I'll let you two get back to it."

"Bye, Finn!" I said cheerfully. "Anyway, where were we?" I leaned in to kiss him again but he stood up.

"I think it's time for us to get back to our rooms," he said. His face was absent of any joking expression, but I knew he was just annoying me. "Let's go, Princess." He grabbed my hand and we walked together to my room, even though his was first, because he insisted on being a gentleman.

"Goodnight Poe," I said, kissing him.

"Goodnight, Princess," he answered, kissing me back. I walked into my room and fell asleep, thinking of the day's events.

I woke up the next morning and changed back into more casual clothes, an off-white shirt and gray pants, of course with Poe's jacket. I left my hair down today, in case Poe wanted to mess with it again.

"Hey, crazy," I said, walking over to him. He turned around and a huge smile spread across his face.

"Heya Princess." He smirked at me. "I see you didn't get the note I set out for you." I looked at him oddly.

"Note?" He pulled a sticky note off of the back of his jacket. It read Leader on it. "Leader of what?"

"Go get changed into your pilot stuff. I'll see you back here in ten." He winked at me and I ran back to my room. Leader... what could that mean?

After I returned back, I was greeted by General Leia.

"You've been promoted to Blue Leader," she greeted. "Congrats."

"No way!" I exclaimed. "Do we have a mission today?"

"Why do you think they're getting in the x-wings? Go on. Today your job is to take down the First Order cruisers." I nodded and ran off to my new ship, decorated with blue instead of black. I hopped in and fired it up.

"Alright, Blue Squadron, let's get ready for action," I said into my helmet. "We've got this. They don't stand a chance."

"Look alive, people," Poe added. "Today could be our best shot at winning this war." I took a deep breath. You're a leader now, (YN). You have to do this.

I started up my x-wing and flew out of the base, spontaneously planning my approach. I zig-zagged my way to the line of First Order cruisers. This was my chance.

I blocked out everything as I headed straight for the ships, shooting at the weak spot in their shields. Perfect. Or at least it was until the TIE fighters rolled in.

"We'll cover you, Leader!" Tali, a fighter, announced. "Take down those cruisers."

"Blue Six and Seven! You guys work on the last three cruisers. I've got to help the fighters," I ordered, and I flipped around and started attacking the TIE fighters. I watched as the two squadron members took down the cruisers one by one, somehow virtually unharmed.

"Yeah! You go, (YN)!" Poe yelled as I mercilessly twisted and turned to avoid the fire of the First Order fighters while still managing to take them all down.

"We've got them! The mission is a success," General Leia announces over the headsets. "You two can get your squadrons back here."

"Alright, General," I answered, and I quickly returned my squadron to the base and landed my x-wing.

"Yeah! You go, Princess!" Poe yelled, hopping out of his x-wing and helping me out of mine. "That was awesome."

"I feel so exhilarated," I confessed, giving my helmet to a nearby Resistance member. "It's crazy. How'd I ever get to be a leader?"

"Blue Squadron needed a new leader, and I personally recommended you," he admitted, and I smiled.

"Aww! Thank you, Poe," I said happily. "Just one question. How did you get that sticky note on the jacket in my room?"

"Well I went in this morning to tell you, but you were still asleep. And I didn't want to wake you up, so I just put a note on the jacket and left." He shrugged and held my hand as we walked.

"It's a lot less creepy when you explain it." He laughed and I looked at him. "Thank you, Poe."

"Of course, Princess."