"Scott...?" He called, cautious at first before a chill of fear ran down his spine. The shadow keeled over, shifting into an animalistic shape that made his stomach churn.

"Jackson?" He flinched as he pivoted back around to Lydia. "What's wrong?"

"Uh...nothing." Jackson murmured, blinking away the image of the shifting shadow. Another hallucination. That's all it was...

🐾👣🐾👣🐾

"I didn't text you, my phones in Stiles' car..."

"Then who texted Allison?" Lydia crossed her arms, looking at the group of teens in slight worry.

"I don't know, but we need to move, I think there's something here -" Just as they went to leave the lobby they heard something above them, dust falling on Stiles' shoulder. "Something's in the ceiling...Something's in the ceiling, run!" Stiles said with renowned panic, grabbing Lydia's wrist as he tugged her to run with him, the other three not far behind. Stiles barely realised how fast he was going, only Lydia's snap of 'slow down, Stiles, you're hurting me' made him slow to a human-ish pace.

The Alpha's paws sounded above them and Stiles' heart pounded at a terrifying speed. He needed to calm down - before he hurt Lydia or the others. The itch of his Alpha was clawing inside him though, begging so release - to kill.

They regrouped in another classroom, locking the door and pushing chairs up against it.

"What the hell is going on?!" Jackson finally burst, anger contorting his face like a goblin - don't laugh Stiles, very inappropriate time - as he hissed. "I want answers, Scott, what's been going on recently? You and Stiles have been all sorts of strange lately, Stiles more so, but I'm sure I can get a rational answer out of you instead of him." Jackson seethed, Lydia placing a hand on his arm to calm him slightly.

"I - I..." Scott floundered before he blurted out a lie. "All the killings recently, the guys who's after us, it was Derek Hale." Stiles glared at Scott, wound still raw as Scott accused this now dead friend of all the crimes of the Alpha. Unrightfully and injustice and so damn wrong to him. Derek wouldn't kill - at least, not the way the Alpha did he hoped.

"We have to call the Sheriff." Allison stated, looking calmer than she probably should. Her heart was steady, maybe just a bit accelerated. Strange.

"No." Stiles refused. He would not endanger his father, not with the Alpha at the school.

"Your fathers the Sheriff, Stilinski. If Derek Hale is here, we need the police!" Jackson snapped.

"No! No, we are not calling my dad. You wanna hear it in Spanish? Noh!" The room went quiet, Lydia's phone the only sound. "Lydia!" Stiles gaped at her as she shushed him, talking to the operator. Only they assumed it was a prank and hung up.

"Dammit!" Lydia huffed. A few minutes later, after forgetting the police and looking for an exit, Stiles pipes up about a locked door that led to a fire escape. One problem though...

"They're on the janitor." Stiles groaned.

"Someone has to go get it then!" Jackson piped up in frustration. The group went quiet, all too afraid to volunteer. They were all just human after all. Except, Stiles wasn't.

"I'll go."

"Stiles, I think literally anyone but you would favour against Derek Hale better." Lydia's words stung a bit, but Stiles didn't linger on the insult.