Meeting the parents

Prompt used:- A clear societal standing between the two characters that is frowned upon.

WORD COUNT: 535 words

GENRE: Romance, LGBT, Zombie

=====

Mom and dad were not home when we arrived. Our house was on the main street in the zombie infested town. My parents tried with all their might to make it still look pristine. The white walls had been change to a brown but the white trims had spots of red. Blood belonging to zombies.

Maybe I should be more worried about my parents but the note they left on the porch said they will be back soon. I had to proceed the house with caution because my parents set traps in case zombies decided to take a snack of them.

I ushered Lola in the house, wary of the secret traps on the floorboards. She moaned. Was it out of pain? I quickly looked at her face and saw it relaxed and not scrunched in pain. She was such a fussy woman.

I brushed away the brown hair that was in her face. Her brown eyes were deep in colour, it made me want to lose myself in them. I took my kerchief to wipe some drool and blood on her face.

"Sit here. I will grab some food for us." I left her sitting on the couch and ran to grab some meat. One raw and the other well done. It seemed like Mom was excited to meet my girlfriend.

She didn't know that her precious daughter's significant other was a girl. The apocalypse brought humans back to their primitive beliefs of men liking women and females liking men only. Typical. In times of survival they turn into animals.

Hopefully, my mother would not faint and fall into one of her traps. Surely if she can survive zombies she can survive this news.

I kissed Lola on her forehead before I sat. I made a mental note to buy her a different kind of lotion, her skin was flaking.

Lola grabbed my shirt and angled my head to kiss my lips. I laughed and pulled out of her hold before our lips could touch.

Lola groan. I was such a party pooper.

"What if my parents walk in any moment?" I joked.

Lola grumbled and tore a piece from her portion of meat and threw it at me. I imitated her action. She caught the meat with her hand. A minute later the meat was all over the floor and on our bodies too.

We ended up sprawled on the couch making out.

Lola and I have been dating since the apocalypse ended with the zombies finding other substitutes for brains. My mother is still sceptical about it though.

I used to wonder what they would do if all the fresh brains became rotten but that will never be answered because zombies now live among us. Not as equals of course.

Lola now caressed my stomach. Her mouth was biting my shoulder.

The door flew open. We didn't have enough time to part.

My mother screamed. Not only did she see a woman on top of me, half naked, she saw a zombie biting my shoulder.

Not the kind that was sensual.

Maybe I SHOULD have mentioned that I had a zombie as a girlfriend.