Chapter Twenty: They Followed Us

Start from the beginning

"The name's Cameron, but people call me Cam for short," he introduce himself. "I'll be your waiter today, may I lead you to your table?"

"Sure," Abby said with a shrug.

"If you could follow me," Cameron said, before leading us to a table near the windows.

He pushed two tables together, having one big table with eight seats. The guys took the booth seats, with Bennett, Declan and Jordan. The girls sat across from them, Abby, Hannah and then Candice. I moved one chair to the end of the table so it wouldn't seem so uneven. Cameron handed out menus to us one by one and waited patiently as we studied the menu.

"The cafe is both for breakfast and lunch dishes, you can order anything despite the time." He explained to us as we read the menu. "Our specialty is coffee and sandwiches. For breakfast, we have omelets, pancakes, waffles, the works. For lunch dishes we have some wraps, burgers, and pizza, with side dishes like fries, soup, and salad. At the last page is desserts and drinks."

"I'm going to have the Tuscan chicken sandwich, a side of onion rings, with some lemonade," I told Cameron as he wrote it down in his notepad.

"I'll get the barbecue onion burger, and some fries," Jordan said, before adding, "with a vanilla milkshake."

"Well, I'll be getting a strawberry milkshake," Declan said, glaring Jordan when he said strawberry. "With a club sandwich, extra bacon."

"I'm going to have the chicken wrap, with a chocolate milkshake," Bennett said, closing the menu.

"I'm going to have a salad with water," Abby said.

"Me two," Hannah said.

"Me three," Candice said.

In unison, the three of them closed their menus and placed it on the table.

Jordan raised an eyebrow. "That's it? Are you sure you'll be satisfied with just a salad and water?"

Abby frowned. "Do you know how many calories there are with just a sandwich? I need to watch my weight or else I can't stay like this."

"No thank you," Hannah said with a laugh. "I'll be fine with just a salad." 

Jordan mumbled something incoherently under his breath. Only the boys could hear it since all three of them snorted when they heard it. Cameron finished writing it all down and gave us a smile.

"Thanks. I'll be back with your drinks." He told us and walked away towards the counter.

A few minutes passed with an awkward silence.

Suddenly Abby yawned. "This cafe is so empty and totally nothing compared to the places I go to. Nice going Naomi."

"Yeah Naomi, nice going," Hannah and Candice agreed. I couldn't help but feel ashamed and looked down at my lap.

"Hey, it's not her fault," Jordan defended me. "She said she only heard of this place and you guys agreed to go here. If you don't like this place, then just go. I'm staying."

Candice pouted. "We're not saying that Jordie-" Jordan grimaced at the sound of that nickname "-We're just saying um..." She looked at Abby. "What are we saying?"

"What we're saying is that it's a pretty boring cafe." Abby stated. "If we went to one of the restaurants choose, our food would already be here by now."

"But we just ordered a few minutes ago," Declan pointed out. "There's seven of us, the cook isn't Superman."

"Well it's because it's a crappy place, with low staff and even lower food quality. In a five star restaurant, the food would be here by now, and our drinks aren't even-"