Stay

Karlie was surprised that Taylor was not there when she got home. She starts panicking that maybe Taylor got lost somewhere and is standing in the cold and in the rain, in her blue dress like she was when Karlie found her.
She jumps when she hears a knock at the front door and almost runs over to it.
"Taylor." She sighs in relief when she sees Taylor standing there, completely dry. "How are you not wet? It literally pouring down out there."
Taylor smiles. "I guess I dry quickly."
Karlie lets Taylor in and Karlie goes into her bedroom.
"How was work?" Taylor asks Karlie.
"It sucked." Karlie says honestly. "I'm sorry that I had to leave."
"It's okay. I met up with an old friend and we went out to dinner with his friend." Taylor says, and when Karlie comes back into the room, Taylor doesn't want to look at her. Because she keeps thinking about how everyone thinks that she isn't capable of helping her.
"Really?" Karlie says, going over to the fridge.
"Yeah."
"It must be nice to know someone here," Karlie says, pulling out an apple. She is thinking about ordering takeaways. "I don't really know anyone here and I've been here for nearly seven years."
Taylor wants to say that maybe if Karlie put her friends before her work, she'd know more people.
"You know me," Taylor says quietly. She desperately wants to tell Karlie that she might have to leave soon. She wants to tell Karlie so many things that just aren't allowed.
The fact that she might be gaining feelings towards her.
The fact that she might possibly be forced to leave.
The fact that someone might come down from the sky like a falling star to talk to her.
The fact that she has magical abilities that allow her to control nature and connect with people on another planet.
"You really don't need many people to make you feel at home." Taylor says honestly, and Karlie smiles.
"I guess."
"It's true!" Taylor says, and Karlie blushes. "You look tired."
Hearing those words make Karlie fall deeper into her chair. She is tired. So tired. Her bones are aching. Her eyes are sore. Her fingers hurt from typing so much.
"I am." She gives a short, breathless laugh.
"I could run you a bath." Taylor offers, and Karlie feels shocked. She hasn't ever had someone offer to make her a bath, or do anything for her.
"Um... That would be nice, thank you."
"I'll call you when it's ready." Taylor smiles.

Taylor always loved making baths back at home. Her mother used to have special herbs that were for relaxing muscles.
She turns the water on, before closing her eyes and imagining her mother's garden. A tingling sensation overcomes her, and a bunch of lavender appears in her hand, and she breaks little pieces off.
This isn't any kind of lavender though. It comes from her home, her planet. It is filled with her essence, her magic. As soon as the plant touches the water it dissolves, leaving a lilac colour in it's path.
Her mother used to tell her that this plant could make anyone feel better.
Taylor stands up, and thoughts of her family flood her mind. Austin, her mother, her father...
They all think that she is going to fail. Having that... that pressure... it feels as if she is underwater, and cannot breathe.
The smell of the lavender appears to calm her down and gives her a sense of relief.
She is going to prove them all wrong.
She is going to help Karlie. She will refuse to go back.
Can I even do that? She asks herself. She has never heard of anyone that has gone against what other people have said.

When the temperature appears to be right, she runs her hand over the water, and it slowly begins to rise up to her hand in a spiral, until the tip of it is touching her finger.
It begins to glow, shine and sparkle like the sun on water.
When Taylor removes her hand, the water slowly sinks back down into the bath, and she calls Karlie.

Karlie is beginning to get used to life with someone else in it. She is beginning to feel comfortable. She is starting to feel like there is light in her life again. Whenever she lays eyes on the girl who fell from the sky, something happens. She feels a sparkle of life, a glimmer of hope. She likes the feeling she gets. It is unlike anything she has ever felt before.
"It's ready!" She hears Taylor call, and gets her pyjamas from her room.
"Thank you!"

Taylor blushes as she walks past Karlie and their hands brush.
How is she always so warm?
Karlie wonders as she closes the door behind her.
Automatically she feels calm. Her body relaxes and she takes a deep breath.
Something about the water seems magical. The soft violet shimmer... the soft specks of glitter.
Karlie hasn't ever felt like she has had a home before. But here, with Taylor, it feels as if home has finally found her.
She takes off her clothes, and as soon as her skin touches the water, she smiles.

Taylor is pacing around on Karlie's balcony, frantically trying to make sense of her thoughts.
That's it. Taylor thinks, throwing her hands up in the air.
"I'm not leaving." She whispers under her breath, hoping to get a response.
Something. A falling star. A message. Anything.
This feeling. Waiting. It reminds her of something she felt when she was only a little child.
Her parents had been requested to be seen by The Queen. They told her that they would only be an hour or two at the most.
Austin had to look after her, make sure she didn't do anything dangerous.
Taylor was too young to understand what was going on before it was too late.
Her parents had hidden her abilities. They didn't want her to leave. What she would have to do... on earth was dangerous. If anyone found out... they just wanted their oldest child to be safe and protected.
It was four hours before they came back.
There was a loud knock on the door, and behind them were six Guards.
Austin tried to protect her, tried to fight back.
But they got her. She was only five, and didn't know why she was being torn from her family.
She didn't see them again for a year. She was different then. All of the joys of childhood were drained from her eyes, and she was wearing blue. She was taken to The Palace, where she is being taught what her role in society is.
Her parents had changed too. They were never the same after that.
She saw her family once every year until she was ready.
She saw her family once before she was cast down to earth, and where her life would truly begin.

A star falls towards her. It is as if someone has plucked it from the sky and dropped it.
She catches it in one hand, and immediately knows that something is bad. Something is wrong.
She finds a letter. From her mother.