Writing Tip | monika.chr

{monika x nb!reader fluff}

It was your second day in Literature Club and Yuri had brewed some tea for everyone, to welcome you. You were sipping on a cup of tea just like everyone, but Natsuki, who denied to drink it.

"Okay, everyone!" Sang Monika across the room, bringing all the attention to herself. "Time to share your poems!" She spoke while keeping her finger pointed to the ceiling.

The day before, Monika had suggested for everyone to write a poem so you could exchange them the next day. You had never really written a poem before, so you were very insecure about all the girls reading it.

You noticed Monika approaching you, and she eventually sat on the desk you were resting your elbows on. You looked up at her emerald eyes.

"You want me to read your poem?" You asked her monotonously, trying to hide the fact that from the angle you were sitting you could almost see her panties.

"Yes, I would like to know what the newest member of our club thinks of it." She handed you a neat lined paper she wrote her poem on. You looked at it and read the title Hole In Wall:

It couldn't have been me.
See, the direction the spackle protrudes.
A noisy neighbor? An angry boyfriend? I'll never know. I wasn't home.
I peer inside for a clue.
No! I can't see. I reel, blind, like a film left out in the sun.
But it's too late. My retinas.
Already scorched with a permanent copy of the meaningless image.
It's just a little hole. It wasn't too bright.
It was too deep.
Stretching forever into everything.
A hole of infinite choices.
I realize now, that I wasn't looking in.
I was looking out.
And he, on the other side, was looking in.

"This is..." You stopped for a minute to figure out what you were going to say. You had no idea what the subject of that poem was. "Different."

She raised a brow but remained with a friendly expression. "Does that mean you liked it?" You hesitantly nodded, confused. "That's great!" She cheered, getting her poem back from you.

"Do you want to read my poem now?" You mumbled, shy to say the least. Your palm was rested against your cheek while you brought the cup of tea to your lips with your other hand. It was when you remembered how bad your poem was compared to what you had just read.

"Yeah, (y/n)! I'm really curious to see what you came up with!" She rung with a sweet smile on her face. You placed the teacup down and grabbed your poem from your bag. She held the paper on her hands and gave it a look.

There was that cute warm smile of hers present on her face during the whole reading of the poem. You kept sipping on your tea. "It's great! But I think your writing style should be something to invest on."

"Do you really think? Thanks... I'll try." That compliment coming from Monika meant everything to you. She was the most popular one in the club, the most confident, and her writing was completely exemplary.

"Alright, so here goes Monika's Writing Tip of the Da-" She was about to exclaim, but was stopped by your murmuring.

"A Writing Tip? Lemme guess... To improve your writing you should focus on a writing style you admire, and improve your skills on it!" You decide to say, mocking her. She furrowed her brows comically and pouted.

"Well, what I was going to say was tha-" She stopped mid-sentence due to hearing your brief giggle. "Don't laugh at me! My tips can actually help you!" She grinned, joining in with your laugh.

"Sorry, it's just that it's so weird, but continue." You told her, making her green eyes soften at you and her lips smirk.

"Alright, the Writing Tip of the Day is to respect your future girlfriend!" She teased, leaning closer to you, making her tighs touch your elbow. Your face turned red all of a sudden and your playing vibe was soon over.

"W-What?" You inquired startled. Monika just got off your desk and walked away, laughing. You stared down to your tea to see a flustered reflection of yourself. "Monika..."