First Date | monika.chr

{monika x gn!reader fluff}

You were staring into Monika's emerald green eyes. She begged for you two to go on a date since the talk you had with her after she deleted the other girls.

You decided to take her to a park near the school, and she agreed instantly. She was now sitting in front of you, with her chin resting on her palms. "Thank you for bringing me on this date, (y/n). You know how much this means to me." She chimed.

"Don't worry, I figured it was time to take you somewhere already." You told her. She was purely focused on her surroundings, verifying every characteristic of the place you had taken her to. It was a wide park, with very bright grass, and the sun that hit everyone under it was even brighter. Monika honestly looked admired.

"I have to admit, going somewhere that wasn't directly programmed for me to appear in feels good." She pointed out, making you remember this wasn't just a game anymore.

You stopped to think how much Monika would've wanted this. She was the character that wasn't planned to be leaving the school any soon, or wear clothes other than the usual uniform. You were, ironically, freeing her without actually doing so.

"Do you, ugh, want to go get something to eat?" You suggest, looking around in search of an ice cream stand or something like that for you two to go to.

"Yeah, sure! That would be great!" Monika chuckled. "So, ice cream, you mean?" You nod, making both of you stand up. After taking sight of an ice cream stand near the entry of the park, you two walk towards it. You feel her hand intertwine with yours as you stroll along.

You look the opposite direction, trying to hide your embarrassment. Monika has always been kind of a teaser, even before you two had gotten together. The thing is, she likes receiving attention, and when it's like this, it must just feel even better for her.

"What flavour do you want?" You ask her, already close to the stand. She looks at you and smiles, but then turns back to the options before her with a serious face.

"A chocolate one please." She told the man on the stand, and he quickly scooped it and gave it to her in a cone. You were about to ask for yours when she gave the money to the man. You raised a brow at her.

"B-But what about mine?" You mumbled to her, confused. She simply grinned and took you away by the hand. It was a silent walk until the closest bench. You felt somehow betrayed because the idea of getting ice cream was yours in the first place.

"What do you mean? This one is ours." She giggled. The moment you two sat down, she placed the ice cream in between you two and sighed. "Look, I know this doesn't feel the same as it would if I was actually there with you, in the real world, but I am trying." She said, suddenly more solemn. You nod at every word, a bit impressed to be completely honest.

"I-I understand, but d-don't worry, it might be just as good." You comforted her reassuringly. She softened her gaze at you and curved her lips upwards. You sucked at the ice cream, since the day was hot and you didn't really want it to melt.

She simpered and sucked at it too. You suddenly notice what was happening and can't help it but blush.

"Don't worry, I'm your girlfriend now, don't girlfriends to these kinds of things?" She teases coyly. Monika also used to taunt you by playing dumb, but that didn't fool you, you always knew what she was capable of.

"I-I guess..." You said, licking at the ice cream again. But then, all of a sudden, you stop and sit up. "I-I'm afraid I have to go..." You confess, making her furrow her brows momentarily.

"Already? But it's been like not even an hour yet." She hummed, disappointed. Her eyes lost their shine and she drifted her look to the floor. It was sad that you couldn't just spend all your time with Monika, but there was nothing you could do.

"But I'll log in tomorrow again, I promise!" She nods. You two continue to eat the ice cream cone and occasionally mention things about yourselves to eachother. "Bye." You simply tell her.

"B-Bye, (y/n)." She appraised. "Don't forget!"