Chapter 6

Here's the promised chapter DescendantsGirl16 Hope you like it!
***

"Good night Lonnie." Jay whispered as Lonnie gave him a peck on the cheek.

"We'll be okay Jay." Lonnie said, offering him a smile. He had handled the news better than she had thought.

Jay simply nodded.

"Good night.", Lonnie said before closing the door gently. Jane was sleeping.

Jay waited outside her door till he heard the sound of lock close. He always did.

He slowly made his way back to his dorm, slightly stumbling. He could not believe Lonnie was pregnant. With his child.

I'm going to be a father!

The sentence kept repeating itself in his head. And yet he couldn't seem to connect himself with that sentence. He just couldn't see himself as a father.

He reached for the door handle but found it open. From inside he could hear laughing sound.

Evie.

He pushed open the door and saw Mal, Evie and Carlos sitting on the couch, watching some movie.

"Hey Jay. How was the date?" Mal greeted him.

"Great." Jay said, smiling, trying to look normal.

"What's wrong Jay?" Evie asked pausing the movie.

Who am I kidding Jay thought as he sat on the chair, running his fingers through his hair.

"I'm screwed!" Jay said.

"Did you guys break up." Carlos asked.

"No." Jay said shaking his head.

Evie stood up and walked over to him, sitting next to him.

"What's the matter Jay?"

"Lonnie-" Jay tried to say, but his words kept choking in his throat.

"Lonnie what?" Evie asked trying to soothe him down.

"Lonnie's pregnant." Jay said finally.

All three of them looked at Jay in shock, who had buried his head in his palms.

Evie hugged him as Mal and Carlos too hugged him.

"It's okay Jay." Evie said.

"How's it okay Evie. I can't even relate to the word 'father'.  I don't know the first thing about parenting. And I've just adjusted in the lives of Auradon. How will we even afford the stuff the kid would need? And Mulan and Shang are gonna kill me." Jay broke down crying.

Mal and Carlos backed up a bit, leaving Evie to handle him. Mal just turned any emotion to anger, and Carlos just shut out the world. So they were of no use. Somehow they'd just worsen the situation. Evie was the best in dealing with emotions.

"Jay, the baby won't be born tomorrow. There are nine months to think and plan out. How many weeks pregnant is Lonnie?" Evie asked rubbing Jay's palm, trying to calm him down.

"Four." Jay whispered.

"Look a lot of time. You'll figure it out. Talk to Ben. I'm sure he can help you with finding a job or something. You're great at sparring. And you're a great defense planner. Maybe you can work with the royal army. And Mulan and Shang won't kill you. I'm sure they'll be very supportive. After all its their grandkid too." Evie said.

Jay looked at her teary eyed,"You think so?"

"I know so."

"Thank you Evie." Jay said engulfing her in a hug.

"Your welcome." Evie smiled.

Carlos handed a glass of water to him. After Jay calmed down here asked,"How are you an expert at this kid thing?"

Evie looked at shoes sheepishly and said,"I may or may not be pregnant too."

"OH THAT DOUG!" Jay growled.

"I warned Doug, that would probably go all hulk on him." Evie laughed.

"Oh he better sleep with one eye open." Jay said, but they all knew he was joking.

Or maybe not.

"Wow. My girlfriend and little sister both are pregnant at the same time." Jay huffed. He still couldn't believe that they were going to be parents. They had barely figured out their lives. How were they supposed to help another little life figure out their life?

"Also, I have to tell you guys something else." Evie said.

"What?" Carlos asked.

"I'm having twins." Evie said, happily.

All the others looked at shocked. Mal was the first to recover and she jumped on Evie.

"Yay! I'm gonna be an aunt twice!" Mal shouted," But hey, when did you find out you're having twins?"

"When I went to checkup a few days ago." Evie informed them, as Carlos too hugged her.

"And I'm gonna be an uncle twice!" Carlos laughed behind her.

Jay noticed that Carlos was actually very happy with Evie's pregnancy. For a moment he thought that maybe Carlos is the father. But then he remembered how much in love Doug and Evie were. And Evie would never do anything behind his back.

They must've talked it out.

Jay too hugged them. He could worry about all the other stuff later. He knew even if the whole world would be against him and would try to put him down, his family would always be there besides him no matter what.

And he was grateful for that.

***

This didn't come out like I imagined it to be. But nevertheless I like it. Hope you like it too.

Now, Evie and Doug are having twins! Yayyy!

Please leave name suggestions for both girls and boys. Because only time will tell the gender! ;)

Love,
Team Camfia!