Chapter 5

Finally a much needed carvie chapter! I enjoyed writing this one! Enjoy!

Also that video is so amazing!

Oh also this chapter isn't edited, so if you find any mistakes, let me know!
***

Carlos lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Somehow staring at the ceiling calmed him down.

Maybe the ceiling was enchanted too.

There was a soft knock on the door.

"The door's open." Carlos called out, not moving. He knew it was Evie. She had knocked the same way Carlos used to knock on her bedroom window back at Isle.

"Hey Carlos." Evie said as she entered the room.

"Hey Evie." Carlos replied as he sat up.

Evie looked around the room nervously before settling down on the chair near the 3D printer.

"What's the matter E?" Carlos asked. He had guessed from her behaviour something was troubling her.

"Nothing just dropped by." Evie said offering him a half smile.

Carlos looked at her with narrowed eyes ,"Evie what's wrong?"

"What? Can't I just come by to see you?" Evie defended.

Yup, something was definitely up.

"You can. But today something is troubling you. Because for the starters you are sitting on that chair, instead of the couch. Next you're playing with the hem of your skirt. You did not go straight over to the mirror to check if your hair is okay. Oh also you didn't notice I was wearing two different socks. And you're cranky." Carlos stated. He knew Evie's behaviour like the back of his hand.

"Alright fine I have to tell you something." Evie sighed crossing her arms.

Carlos sat up straighter as he studied her. So many years have gone by but her beauty always took his breath away. Every single time.

It may be the way her blue hair fell perfectly over her shoulders. Or how her soft brown eyes shined with happiness. Or how her flawless skin shimmered even in dark. Or the way her brilliant smile lit up the entire room. Her bubbly personality pushed all negativity out of the room. No wonder he was so badly in love with this girl once.

"Carlos? Are you with me?" Evie's soothing voice snapped him out of his trance.

"Sorry. I zoned out." Carlos replied sheepishly, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

Evie looked at Carlos fondly. She had always thought he looked cute whenever he rubbed his neck in embarrassment.

This was going to be harder than what she had imagined.

"Carlos, I have to tell you something serious." Evie said, nervously. 

"Go on. I'm all ears." Carlos said nodding.

"Carlos, I - I'm uh.. pregnant." Evie chocked out.

Carlos looked at her with shock.

"You're pre-" However he could not get himself to finish that sentence.

Evie was pregnant?!

As soon as his brain finished comprehending the sentence, his heart broke into a million pieces.

Oh no.

"Are you sure? And I'm guessing Doug is the father?" Carlos asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

Evie nodded.

Carlos had loved her since he was twelve. And even though they had broke up, Carlos still loved her.

She was his one childhood crush that never went away.

Even though he was with Jane, and she was with Doug, he had very strong feelings for her.

And all the rotten four knew that.

Jay, Mal and Evie did their best not to bring up the topic of Doug and Evie's relationship. Even though Carlos assured them he was over it, they knew he wasn't.

And just as he thought he was finally moving over her, this news ripped off the bandages.

"How many weeks along are you?" Carlos asked in a small voice.

"Seven weeks." Evie replied. It broke her heart to see Carlos so heartbroken.

Carlos looked down, trying to the a deep breath.

Any chance he had of winning her back was totally destroyed now. Doug had taken it away.

"You're keeping the child?" He asked.

Evie nodded again.

"Carlos I wanted to talk to you about this. We can't go on like this forever. You like me, and I genuinely appreciate that. You give me confidence Carlos. But you're with Jane. I'm with Doug. And this was bound to happen someday. And just because we're not together doesn't mean I don't need you by my side. I need you as my friend, companion and teacher. I don't wanna loose the bond we have Carlos. I'm scared that I'm gonna mess up this kid's life. At those times I want you to be steady support. I want my kid to have his uncle Carlos. And for that we both need to move on." Evie said.

Carlos smiled. Yes, they have to move on. This was probably the talk that was required to free him of his feelings, so instead of falling apart, Carlos found himself getting stronger.

"Promise me Carlos, you'll move on. And love Jane like you loved me."

Carlos smiled and said,"Thanks Evie. You were my first love and my first friend. I don't wanna loose you too. I love you Evie but more like a sister now I think."

Evie felt like all the weight from her shoulders had been lifted.

"I love you too my little brother." Evie said as she hugged him.

"Also I'm gonna be the best uncle in the world. Better than anyone. Even Jay." Carlos said proudly.

"I'm sure." Evie laughed ,"Wanna grab some ice-cream? I'm craving for one."

Carlos shook his head and said,"Cravings!"

"Oh just wait and watch. I'm gonna trouble you the most. "

Carlos laughed as he decided, this was definitely better.