"Get lost." Rosalie snapped at the two girls who were more than happy to scurry off. Katherine pulled herself away from the blonde beauty who caught Rosalie by surprise. Her golden eyes snapped to her brown ones.

"Why did you do that?" Katherine asked. Rosalie seemingly snapped out of a trance like state before straightening herself out.

"Because Forks high school doesn't accept violence consider this a good thing that I stepped in." She responded coldly but to Katherine her voice sounded angelic. But instead of giving a thank you like Rosalie expected she responded with....

"Well next time don't ." Was all she said before walking passed Rosalie.

-

The Cullen's stood across the parking lot in the corner as Katherine walked out of the school relieved that the day was over due to all of the homework she received.

Walking along the wet concrete a loud squeal of tires made her head turn as she saw a black van coming right towards her before she could utter a sound she was suddenly in some whirlwind before she was standing far away from the van and watched it crash into her sisters truck.

Her heart pounded in her chest and she felt it tightening.

She saw Bella over there and as much as she dislikes her sister, Bella was still her sister. Katherine felt her heart pounding in her chest she was confused but still, Katherine felt her legs moving forward towards her sister truck as doing so she saw Edward Cullen leave from the truck. Students crowded Bella, someone called an ambulance. Katherine pushed through the students getting to her sister who was standing next to Lauren.

"Bella are you okay?" Katherine rushed out as she stood there examining her sister for any physical injuries.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She responded shakily. Sighing in relief Katherine hugged her sister, for the first time in a long while.

From a distance Rosalie watched the scene unfold before getting into her red convertible and speeding off out of the parking lot.

-

Bella was the talk of the school the next day. Bella kept her head down, hands shoved in her coat pockets. Katherine flanked her sisters side as they walked inside. People stared and talked about the girl who was nearly killed the day prior.

They were going on a field trip which Katherine hoped would take the events from the day before off Bella's mind. They were all lining up for the bus turning in permission slips. Katherine at this point stood alone. She scanned the group of people to see who were going until she caught eyes with the Cullen's, Alice and Edward Cullen to be exact. Usually whenever Kat saw the Cullen's they were all together but seeing as this is a junior trip she shouldn't of been surprised to see them separated.

Katherine eyed Edward for a second, she remembers seeing him leave the scene yesterday and it looked as if he was in a hurry. But it could be her mind playing tricks also. But whenever she's seen him she thought he was very intense and she didn't like that

"We gotta go, we gotta go, green is what...good." Katherine broke from her trance like state and hustled her way onto the old cramped up bus. Unfortunately for Katherine none of her so called friends were attending the field trip. She herself shouldn't of been on the trip but she managed to go as a chaperone of sorts but really she's there to explain anything biology there, since she excelled that course a year prior..

On the way there she sat at the window seat, her head leaned against it as she stared out at the passing trees. She could feel a sense of being watching, looking behind her carefully she saw Edward Cullen staring right at her.

Why was he staring right at her?

"A picture last longer." Katherine commented before turning back around, facing forward. The kids were all talking, some about Edward being weird with her and the others about what's going on in their personal life. She rolled her eyes and got back into staring outside.

-

Katherine didn't pay much mind on the trip, she kept her earbuds in, listening to the piano version of Phantom of the Opera because she loved listening to the piano and besides Phantom was her favorite musical.

Up ahead she saw Edward conversing with her sister. She was a bit surprised. Kelly told her how the Cullen's don't exactly talk to anyone else but themselves. A small tap to her shoulders caused her heart to jump, looking over her shoulder she saw the small pixied hair Cullen girl, Alice. Taking an earbud out she let it go, feeling it lightly hit her stomach, her heart going back to it's normal rhythm.

"Can I help you?" She asked, at this point noticing the blonde male, Jasper behind her.

"I wanted to introduce myself to you. I'm Alice Cullen and you're Katherine right?" She asked. Katherine wanted to feel suspicious or even annoyed at the girl but she couldn't she actually felt pretty calm and a bit awkward.

"Yeah I am. And you're Alice Cullen?" Alice smiled while nodding.

"This is Jasper." She says as she wraps her arms around him.

'Weird.' Katherine thought. 'They're siblings.'

Katherine pulled a tight lipped smile and hummed in response. She didn't know what was going on right now. Everyone told her the Cullen's don't interact really with anyone else but themselves and yet here are two of them right now introducing themselves, well at least Alice is as Jasper stood there quietly which made Katherine want to cringe into her own body because of the way he just stared.

"We're going to go walk up ahead, talk to you soon!" Alice walked ahead of Katherine, Jasper in tow and Katherine stood there a minute watching them. Putting her other earbud back in she began to move forwards again, tuning everyone out.

~

Vote/Comment

robbstark_