thirteen ; present

Start from the beginning

"I'm here. What do you want?" Scott spoke up finally, his face lacking the deformities that he had when he shifted, no hair and sharp teeth emerging—well, yet.

"What do I want? What, do I, want?" He repeated mockingly, as if he had to think it over, the girl beside him rolling her blue eyes at his typical behavior. "Well, for starters you could avert your eyes off of what's mine and redirect them towards that kitsune you settled for after the huntress broke your heart."

"Why? You don't trust her to be loyal to you and your harmful motives?" The true alpha questioned, holding a staring contest with the dark fox.

"If you want to talk about loyalty, then why don't we talk about your precious Stiles and Lydia. They were so loyal to you that they ended up like they are. Don't see you see Scotty, you did this to them. You always try to save everyone, and you don't even notice when the people you care for the most are always in constant danger because you can't leave anything alone."

'That's a little hypocritical,' she thought sourly, since if anything he was the one that couldn't leave anything alone, but she shook that off. In the end, she wasn't here to defend Scott McCall, which was why she didn't even say that out loud. Wholeheartedly she just wanted this over; the only thing that was keeping her from snapping was the image of a soft bed with both of them in it. He's gently stroking her hair, combing through the golden locks with his fingers, her check resting against his bare chest. Pru could almost hear the soothing sound of his heartbeat now from just imagining it and drawing from previous experiences. All she ever wanted was him and after this she could fully have his attention.

Her gaze, which was plainly focused at a patch of long grass while they continued going back and forth, redirected itself when she heard something snap in half. And when she looked up, when she stopped ignoring the people around her, the blonde saw that Kira had broken one of her tails, the sleek, black star-like object in two pieces instead of one. Without delay, Oni had appeared, summoned by the thunder kitsune and ready to serve her as loyal soldiers, but she wasn't surprised. After all, they had counted on this to happen.

Void reluctantly let go of her hand, pulling out something that the McCall pack didn't see coming, a prideful smile gracing his lips. Another one of Kira's tails was in his grasp, stolen earlier on in the week when he had invaded her home when it was empty, easily slipping in and out without anyone knowing. Before he split it in half like he had done to Noshiko's almost a year earlier, Scott knew that he had done it again, that he had underestimated his enemy, and it wasn't going to be anything near easy to get what him and the pack wanted. There was going to be a battle, one they had to fight in order to survive.

Predictably, the Oni turned on the group of teenagers, and without waiting for Scott to say anything more, a brawl had begun. Liam straight up tackled the closest one, being careful enough to dodge the katana those supernatural creatures use to attack with, growls rippling out as he dug at the beings of darkness with his claws. Malia did something similar, not hesitating to throw kicks and slash at the Oni with her own sharp claws, fangs prominent as she glared at the assaulters profusely. Swords even clashed together as Kira battled two Oni at once, leaving one for Scott himself to quarrel with as he quickly shifted. Things took a turn for the worst right then and with everything the alpha was doing what he did best, fighting.

The duo that had tricked them still stood in the same spot, watching the events play out and the pack trying to dodge as many blows as they could, her face expressionless once again. If she was still that same seventeen-year-old village girl that had that typical love-hate relationship with her mother and sister, then she may have been trying to stop this right now. Tears may have even sprung from her eyes from just seeing something so bad happen to people who were so good. Though she wasn't, and that made her feel... sad. She indirectly and directly caused this, but what else was new? She was sick of this internal battle of good and evil that decided to recently start back up again after all of these years, and even she knew that it would be put to rest once the McCall pack was dealt with. Prudence just had to wait this out.