Chapter 31

Edited

Kayla

"Girl if you don't stop messing with that thing," Tia scolded. I pouted but let my hand fall to my side. It was my first time wearing a lace front wig so it felt kind of weird. "I swear Kayla it's like you're a little kid sometimes."

"You love me though," I stuck my tongue out at her. She waved me off. She was busy getting April's hair right for today. It's been two months since spring break and guess what day it is!! Graduation! These long years have finally paid off.

A lot has happened in the past couple of months since then as well. I'm pretty sure you can guess that spring break was a bit hard to finish off with everything that came to light. So of course the trip was cut extremely short after that and we just spent the remainder of the break comforting the Jackson's. When Essence found out about the truth behind Mickey she too was disgusted and cried hard. Since everyone was so down I came up with the idea of a candle light in Mickey's honor. Since they were finally able to find out the truth they could honor her life properly. I think that helped them a lot too.

The media was in an extreme frenzy after all of Chris and Josh's parents dirty laundry was aired out. For one, Victor has been arrested. He went to court and you can very much guess that he's been found guilty on 20+ accounts of rape, sexual misconduct, sexual misconduct with a minor, rape of a minor, six accounts of fraud, and fifty accounts of child pornography. He was sentenced to 130 years in prison with no possibility of parole. He was literally bawling his eyes out in that court room when they read off his sentencing. I wasn't there but Andre was and he told me everything. And there was something even worse. He was diagnosed with HIV and was charged with knowingly spreading his disease. His wife on the other hand had no idea and was probably found positive when she went to get checked out.

Steven, Josh's dad, was found guilty of Mickey's rape with the undeniable evidence stacked against him. He pled guilty and got a sentence of forty years, no chance of parole.

And their businesses? Well, their accounts were basically drained to pay for all the damage it cost. Repayment for the charities it stole from as well. Basically the business came crumbling down and now they were more than ten million dollars in debt. All assets of both families were also ceased since they were put up as collateral. In one fell swoop both companies lost literally everything.

Lana's family business was no more by this time so she got nothing. Not that I care. Greg also suffered. He had already lost about forty percent of his revenue to them and since he signed a contract that stated he shared part of their burden he couldn't get his lost money back. He tried but as a lawyer himself who had a team of lawyers read the contract he couldn't do anything about it. Not only that, but his divorce is also costing him a lot of money. I doubt he'd make it too much farther with his reputation in the toilet and the amount of debt he's accumulated.

His wife from what I know, is actually doing well. She's happy and free. We follow each other's social media so I would see posts of her. She's got a little apartment and is working in a small mom and pop shop. I'm happy she's actually enjoying her life now.

"Done," Tia sang. "Kayla someone's at the door. The hell you doing over there?"

"I was daydreaming, shut up." I got up and got the door. "Mommy!"

"Girl you are way too big for this," my mom laughed hugging me back. "My baby is finally graduating."

"Alright mom. Am I your baby or what?"

"You're my big baby."

"Mines too," Andre came in smirking.

"Shut up," I mumbled while blushing.