TEN

I expected Thor to release me once we'd safely made it to the ground, but instead, he began to sprint through the bustling streets of Sakaar with me draped over his right shoulder and the Hulk in pursuit

I saw him behind us, smashing vehicles and bumping into people left and right due to his size. He had no trouble keeping up with us. I couldn't help but scream when Thor suddenly turned a corner, nearly causing me to bump my head into a wall. I punched his back with my fists and tried to wiggle free, but his grip was like iron.  

"Put me down!" I told him. 

People behind us cheered when the Hulk passed them by, even as he smashed fruit carts and ice cream trucks with his bare hands and pushed them aside like they were nothing but plastic children's toys. The destruction he left in his wake did not deter the people of Sakaar to worship the literal ground he walked on, apparently, because women and men quickly surrounded the footprints he left in the dust. 

The three of us reached the alien junkyard soon enough. Finally, the Norse God let me go, carefully setting me down on my feet beside him while he began searching around for the Quinjet. I pushed his chest firmly with both hands. Thor, of course, didn't move an inch. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I demanded, "We could've died just now." 

"Barely," he replied, smiling coyly. 

I crossed my arms, "we could've been seriously injured."

"But we weren't." 

Thor looked at me expectantly. When I unwound my arms, he reached up, pulling a stray shard of glass from my hair. The braid had come undone in the chaos, and long, brown strands were sticking to my face and neck in the Sakaarian midday heat. 

"Come, princess, help me find the Quinjet." His voice was soft, gentle, unexpected. My heart fluttered in my throat. I couldn't tell if he was flirting with me, but the glimmer in his eye and the curl of his lip made me forget what we were set out to do. 

When I didn't move, he grabbed my hand and dragged me along, carefully navigating through the piles of garbage while Hulk continued to throw and smash things around behind us. There it was again, that electric current that set fire to my veins. 

We ran down isles and isles of stripped spacecraft and other motorized vehicles, searching for over twenty minutes straight. It was strange, how easy it had been to see it from high above the ground. Hulk's voice carried in the wind, he was singing a song to himself as he followed behind us. 

Finally, after thirty minutes of searching the entire lot, I finally saw it. 

"There it is!" I exclaimed, pointing, "come on, Banner! It's your time to shine."