All Hail the God of Thunder

For PuppyLove663. Sorry it's been so long.

           An itch tickled the back of Emily's neck as she walked with her friends toward Jupiter's not-so-humble-abode. From the lines that creased his forehead and the way his eyebrows slanted downward menacingly, any person in their right mind would know that the god of thunder was not happy. Uh-oh, Emily thought, which was becoming more and more reoccurring. 

            "Flame!" Jupiter boomed.

             She visibly cringed. I prefer Emily, not that you'd care, were the words that streamed through her head.

            "We are to have a meeting at once! This..." he paused for a moment trying to formulate his sentence, "voice as you call it has wreaked havoc on our land. It shall not stand!" 

            Abrupt laughter filled her head, but it was not her own. It was snakelike and sinister. 

           "For one with such great power, Jupiter does seem to whine about most anything. I mean, what does a little stone broken once in while hurt? If you ask me, that statue needed to be knocked down a while ago, don't you think, Flame?  Don't like that very much, do you? We shall meet soon, but for now enjoy your time with Jupiter," the voice slid through her thoughts and echoed in the cavity of her skull. "Soon."

          "Earth to Em!" Joel shouted as he flailed his arms in her face.

          She blushed, embarrassed, and mumbled out a faint "sorry".

          "Shall we?" the thunder god asked.

          The Flame of Olympus simply nodded her head.

          "Oh, and Paelen?" Jupiter started.

         Paelen flashed a smile and replied, "Yes, your majesty?"

        "You are not welcome to join. Good day, boy."

         The thieving god's jaw hung open.

         Joel threw a glance over his shoulder and quipped, "Try not to catch flies, boy."

A/N: It's been a while heh heh... This will most likely be my last update for this story. Thank you to those of you who have stuck through. I love you guys!