Shadows In My Mind (A Don't Starve Fan-fic)

If you have any ideas for this story, let me know! And I promise I won't stop updating this, unlike the other Don't Starve stories, which haven't been updated in MONTHS. *flips a table* Sometimes it will take me a while to update (most of you now this, especially if you have been a Recruit for a while), but I will continue to do so until its finished. I cannot promise that I will update this once a week or twice a week, but I WILL complete this story.

NOTE: Before you start to read the story, please watch the trailer for ''Don't Starve'' to understand this, Thanks!

(Just go on YouTube and type ''Don't Starve Trailer'' or go to the Don't Starve web site. This will not be exact to it, i had to change a few things, so everything will fit together)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

''It's finally finished!'' I said with joy. In front of me stood a huge machine that had taken me a 23 hours, and 29 minutes to make.

Lightning flashed, thunder boomed, and rain fell outside.

Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't even introduced myself!

Wilson P. Higgsbury, at your service. I specialize in science, technology, and anything that has yet to be fully discovered and understood, the unknown and mysterious.

Now, enough about me, let's get back to what's really important.

Your probably wondering how I could have created this in such a short period of time? I have this radio that sits in my attic, where I preform experiments. I usually don't use it, but this morning while I was working, the radio started to speak to me.

And NO, I am not going crazy if that's what your thinking...

No, stop thinking that! I'll even tell you exactly what happened to prove what I'm saying is true.

~•~•~•~•~Flash back~•~•~•~•~

I sat down in my chair, discouraged. I was trying to do a scientific experiment, but I keep messing it up. I sat in my chair, thinking. ''Say pal!'' A voice said. My head shot up and scanned the room, and my eyes landed on the old radio sitting on a table next to me. ''Looks like your having some trouble!'' It said. My eyes grew wide. How is this possible?! I ran over to it and picked it up, examining it, thinking maybe something was broken or if it was just being weird. ''I have some secret knowledge I can share with you, if you think your ready for it.'' I quickly nodded, eager to know what this ''secret knowledge'' is. I wanted to know what this "knowledge" was, and also why an old radio was speaking to me.

Maybe I'm just crazy...

Eh, probably not. I'm a scientist, after all... Its easy for me to tell if something is fake or not.

''Okay then!'' It said. Suddenly I could feel a small breeze, which soon turned into wind that rushed around me, but that wasn't all, pictures, equations, numbers and letters flew around me too. I looked at all of them as they passed. To most people all the letters and numbers wouldn't mean anything to them, but this was a huge moment for me, I under stood everything. Soon the pictures disappeared, and the wind stopped. I smiled wide. I had a perfect project in mind, just from looking at those pictures. I quickly scrambled over to my desk and wrote everything down so I wouldn't forget.

~•~•~•~•~End of Flash Back~•~•~•~•~

''Now throw the switch!'' The radio urged. My hand reached out to grab it, but I hesitated, even though I had built this amazing machine, I didn't know exactly what it would do.

''Do it!'' The radio demanded me. I flinched and looked back at it, and turn back around to the switch, and pulled it down. The gears began to move, along with all the other pieces, as they all moved to their correct positions.

Lightning flashed out side, lighting up the room. The way all the parts had set up them selves seemed to cast a shadow that made the shape of a face. It grinned evilly at me, staring me down with it's hollow eyes.

"You're just being paranoid, Wilson, everything's fine. All you have to do is pull the switch to turn it off... Everything will be fine..."

I stepped back slowly. I felt something touch my foot. I looked down, expecting it to be a rat or the cat that always liked to live near my house, to find a dark black hand raising from the ground, along with another, and quickly began to wrap around me...

''Hel-'' I tried to yell for help, but I was cut off by one of the shadow hands covering my mouth. Either way, even if i was able to call for help, nobody probably wouldn't have heard me, i live out in the woods, after all...

The other hand wrapped around my chest, making it hard to breath. I struggled to break free. ''Ha! ha! ha! ha! ha!'' The radio laughed coldly.

I kept trying to escape the grasp of the dark hands that were now wrapped around me. A hole opened up in the ground in front of the machine, below me, and the hands pulled me down toward it.

''No!'' I yelled as I fell, trying to find something to grab onto, but all that my hands found was air, and darkness. I continued to fall down the dark hole, while I could still hear the radio's laughter from above, slowly getting quieter as I fell....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that was Ok for the first chapter! Again, if you have any ideas for this, let me know! I'm always open for new ideas!

Stay awesome Dragon Army! Don't forget to leave a vote if you enjoyed! and Follow for more stuff like this!

★~Hera~★