Day 1: First Steps in a New World.

''Say pal, you don't look so good.'' A voice said.

I opened my eyes. Under me was some tall grass, the sky was clear, my head hurt like hell and a tall man loomed over me with a faint grin on his long face. ''Tell me about it...'' I said sarcasticly, rubbing my head. ''Who... who are you?'' I asked.

He said nothing and stood up straight, closed his eyes and shook his head. ''Always the same question, "Who are you? Where am I?" '' he mumbled to himself, and his grin grew wider. "You'll fine out soon!" He said, and laughed like a mad man.

I stared at him like he was crazy, which he probably is. I kept silent as he laughed and cackled and choked on his own breath from laughing too much, which was kind of funny... i would probably have laughed, if I wasn't so damn confused...

After a moment, the man cleared his throat, still chuckling. ''You better find some food before night comes!'' He said.  I stared at him for a moment.

''Wait a minute! You were the voice that was coming from my radio!'' I said jumping up off the ground, but stumbling a bit. My head spun and my vision blurred. He was very tall and wore a black suit and held a pipe in one of his hands. "Indeed" He said grinning again, and then disappeared in a puff of smoke. ''Wait!'' I yelled, but it was no use, he was gone, him and his awful, taunting laugh.

''How did he do that?!'' I said confused, rubbing my eyes to get rid of the blurriness. I looked at the ground where he had been standing. There was nothing there, not even a foot print.

I was alone.

Just me, my thoughts, and whatever else was here with me...

I stood up and looked at my surroundings, there was lots of tall grass, a tree here and there, and even a rabbit. ''Hello?'' I shouted. Nothing, just the faint sound of the wind blowing threw the tall grass.

I sighed. ''How did I get here?'' I asked myself. I couldn't remember much, all I could remember was that radio and building that weird door thing. I glanced behind me, there was some rocks and a berry bush. My stomach grumbled.

I walked over to the bush and picked all of the berries, and looked at them. I didn't know much about plants, I know more about animals and machines, so I wasn't sure if they were edible, or poisonous. I heard an odd sound, and looked to my right. A rabbit was about 15 feet away, and it was eating some dried berries that had been sitting there for probably a while. I looked back at the berries in my hands. ''If the rabbit isn't dead yet, I guess I can eat these then.'' I said to myself. I know that doesn't sound like much to rely on, but it was really the only way of me figuring out if the berries were okay or not.

Just to be safe, I ate just one. I was a little bitter from not being ripe, but other than that, it was fine.

In a matter of seconds the rest were gone, and I didn't feel as hungry anymore. I looked up, the sun was just beginning to set. ''Better find some place to stay.''

~•~•~•~•~

That didn't work out too well.

I looked everywhere, all the trees were too small to lay under, there wasn't any overhangs or caves, just tall grass. I found some rocks and a few sticks, and made a fire. It wasn't very big, but it would do. It was night now, and the moon was up, it was full, and cast an eerie light along the tall grass.

So there I sat, huddled right next to the camp fire, shaking. The fire gave off enough light, but barely any heat. Once in a while i'd hear a weird sound come from the distance, sometimes a howl, sometimes a snarl, and sometimes just small foot steps. Every time I heard one of these sounds, and many others, i'd look in the direction it was coming from, and my heart beat would start to go faster, and i would hold my breath, trying not to make a sound.

I took some of the tall grass that was near by and made some sort of bed, and laid down. It wasn't too comfortable, but it would be enough for the night.

~•~•~•~•~

    The next day I woke up to a sound that sort of sounded like a scream. My eyes flashed open, in front of me was the rabbit, running in the opposite direction of me, making that weird screaming sound. ''It probably just got scared.'' I said as I sat up. All that was left of my fire was ashes. I stood up and brushed the dirt off my clothes. I was starving. I chose a random direction and began to explore, to try and find food. Just as I began to walk I got an idea. I looked around me, there was a bunch of rabbit holes, grass, and twigs.

After collecting some grass and twigs, I had made a simple trap I had learned to make a few years ago, but have never needed to use until now. I walked over to one of the rabbit holes and sat the trap down. I backed away.

I waited about 20 minutes before a rabbit climbed out of the hole. It didn't notice me. As it was climbing out of the hole, it got trapped. I walked over to it and slowly lifted the trap just a little bit, and quickly reached inside and grabbed the rabbit, and pulled it out. It screamed and tried to bite me.

To be honest, it was quite cute and I didn't want to kill it, but my stomach said otherwise. I wrapped one of my hands around the rabbits neck firmly, the other around it's body. It could feel the little creature's heart beat going as fast as a humming bird's wings. I sighed. I quickly twisted the animal's neck, killing it instantly, without causing it any pain. I walked back to where I had set up my fire last night, made a new one, and cooked my breakfast.

It turned out great, but if you think about it, anything tastes good if you're hungry enough. After that I caught a few more, killing them in the same way. By the afternoon, I was full, and still had one cooked rabbit left.

I sat by the fire and poked at the red coals with a stick. I sat there thinking about a few things, like how to get more rabbits until i found my way home... And speaking of home...

How did I get here? I couldn't remember, something about a...  a door maybe? A machine that looked like a door? ''Why... wh-why can't I remember anything?'' I asked myself frowning.