"I can do what you suggested, but tomorrow. You don't have to convince Fernando to go, Ben, my dear," Benjamin smiled.

"Oh really? I thought you wanted to."

"Not like that."

"My friend, I don't like to see you sad," I hugged Carla from behind and placed a kiss on her cheek. I knew she was grieving over Fernando.

"You do not want me around, and you do not even hug me like that," Ben said, putting his hand on his chin, and making an abandoned dogface.

"Baby boy!" I said letting go Carla and approaching Ben. I slid my fingers over his hair.

"Only when I'm near you," Ben said resting his head on my belly.

"I'm going to vomit there," Carla said.

"You don't have to go."

"I'll be fine," And she is gone.

"I do not want to get away from my best friend just because I'm dating. I don't like this."

"You don't have to do this. I can divide the attention and is good that you are already getting acquainted with the word dating."

I waited patiently for my mother to arrive while I watched Supernatural. As soon as I heard the sound of her car, I tried to relax, in the face of the fact that the philosophy teacher had handed my cell phone in her hand. As she entered the room, she threw her cell phone on the couch.

"I will not do it again," I tried to redeem myself.

"Do not do it."

"You read my messages?"

"Unfortunately, I could not figure out the password. I need to take a shower, Elle. I am just not going to raise the issue because Beatriz said I should take it easy, because you are a good student, and that was the first time that this happened. Be careful, Elle. You will need a good school curriculum if you want to be accepted in the college you have always dreamed."

27th Day

It was the tenth piece of clothing I had ever tried on. My stock of T-shirt and new jeans was already running out. Carla had managed to convince my mother to go out together today. She used the reason that next week was her birthday and that she would need me at the mall to help them with some decorative items for her party. My mother trusted Carla and did not raise any suspicions that the real reason I wanted to leave home on Thursday night was Benjamin.

"I'm feeling horrible," Carla laughed at my nervousness.

"I never thought I'd see you like this," She had been sitting on the bed, her hands resting on the mattress, and her legs dangling. "If I had known I would have brought one of my dresses for you. I just didn't bring it because I didn't want to get your mom's attention. Come on!" She was trying to cheer me up. "Now loose the hair. Guys prefer girls to wear loose hair."

"It makes no difference to me."

"In their view, no. The guy prefers girls without makeup as well. They like more of natural beauty."

"But that is not why we should convince ourselves."

"Not even."

It was already past seven at night, and one of the things my mother liked to do when she was at home at this time was to watch soap operas. I had this advantage in my favor, but that did not stop her from noticing my loose hair. The only moments my mother had seen me with loose hair was when I washed it, and let it dry naturally. I said goodbye to her and headed to the bus stop. That was also in my favor. The bus stop was at a five-minute walk to from my house, and we did not get a good view of there up to my house, thanks to a vast tree that was surrounding it. So that meant that I would not take the risk that, by chance, my mother would go out to see the movement of the street, she would not see Ben openly with us.