Chapter 4

2nd Day

Today my mother woke up hysterical. She slept late last night after she fixed some tests. She forgot to turn on the alarm, making her get up late, which made her noticeably moody. I am listening to her murmuring something in her bedroom, something that I could not understand. I could never understand what she was saying when she was this way.

I woke a little lazy. With my bare feet, I felt they hit the cold white ceramic floor. I shivered because of the cold. Last night was cold, and today it is cloudy. As soon as I got dressed in the school uniform, I ran towards the kitchen to prepare the coffee. That was one of the functions that my mother made a point of complying, except today, since she lost the time.

She grumbled by the amount of sugar that I put in the coffee, I always am mistaken for the dosage of sugar, and it's the reason why she always prepares the coffee. With my backpack on my back, I caught a piece of bread, and leave pouring out a little coffee on the floor. I put the cup with the rest of the coffee on the old wooden table that was on the small balcony that gives access to the entrance of the room. I swallowed the last piece of bread, and I leave in a hurry following my mother.

I felt pity for the school class that would have the class with her today. I hope they do not contradict her by the state of the nerve that she's. It was better if they do not take chances when she is this way unless someone wants the risk of reading an English text aloud and would only be freed from punishment when pronounced every word correctly. My mother had been considered one of the best English teachers of the state, but her severe temperament leaves much to be desired.

I got in the car with my mother adjusting the rearview mirror. She screamed with me to I wear the seat belt. I always forgot. I observed the grim and frowning expression of my mother. Her thick lips are curved down her barely made eyebrows were arched. She straightened her brown hair in the rearview mirror, her black eyes as charcoal looked off out the garage.

"Why didn't you woke me up?" She asked me for the thousandth time, while we were waiting in chaotic city traffic. Twenty minutes ago, we were waiting for the traffic to flow. That made my mother even angrier. After all, who was in a good mood waiting for the traffic to flow?

"You always wake up first. I thought that you were awake," I don't want to answer this question again, but I could not say it out loud. I crossed my arms and sank into the car seat.

Late was a word that does not belong to her vocabulary. It to my mom was a total lack of respect and commitment. I didn't care today to find the gates already closed, but how Mrs. Elizabeth would accompany me this possibility could not happen.

I arrived on time to second-class although it started precisely fifteen minutes ago. For my luck, was math class. To be exact, was teacher Carlos's class. I think he has a little fall for my mother. Luckily, I could finally use this in my favor.

Teacher Carlos always found a way of getting closer to my desk, and ask some question about my mother. It was discreet questions, but what leaves a little of interest overflow. What I ask myself is why he was attracted to her? My mother is not an ugly woman, but she's so angry.

Carlo is the opposite of my mother. Patience is a word that defines him well, but this made the students take advantage of him. I never see Mr. Carlos shout out in the classroom my mother does this often.

I knock on the door, did not take too long to Mr. Carlos open it. Today I will take advantage of him.

"Excuse me; the traffic was chaos. My mother and I ended up late," I said the word mother in evidence, of course hiding the fact that she turned off the alarm. One negative point of my mother is not getting along very well with technology. Somehow, she turned off the cellular alarm.