Chapter 17

Elle

22nd Day

"I didn't know that in the middle of 2016 the mothers still pick up their daughter at the guy's house," I opened and closed my eyes three times. I thought I was still dreaming and in my dream, Benjamin had been lying in next to me and talked to me. I felt the pillow, feeling that he was much more comfortable than I remembered that mine was.

"Elle!" My mother's voice screaming at my name woke me up from my reverie. "I know you are there!"

No! No! No! It could not be happening. My head was throbbing, and I felt a faint taste of alcohol in my mouth. I smelled of the drink; the room smelled like the drink. I looked around and finally realized that this was not my room. Two glasses were thrown on the floor and beside them two empty bottles of wine. I jumped out of bed. I was still a bit groggy, and I regretted getting out of bed so suddenly. I held the nightstand trying to regain my balance while Benjamin laughed at my pathetic situation.

I have never slept with a guy before. I struggled a little to remind myself how I got into this situation. I remembered Ben's phone call. He was drunk. I had come to check if it was okay with him if he would hurt because the way he was. I remember Ben offering me a drink. I just cannot remember how many times I have refused; I do not think it was much. I have never drunk before; maybe that is the reason for my memory fails. In a few moments ago, I found myself lying next to Benjamin in bed. I feel less ashamed to notice that I am dressed, but I wanted to remember every word that I said.

"Elle!" My mother called me more once time.

"Ben, how long has she been calling me?" Ben reached out and picked up the cell phone on the nightstand.

"Well, it's 9:30 a.m., the first time she called you was 9:00 a.m. it is, I think it's been a while," He answered in a quiet voice and then let a smile appear.

"You're no good, Benjamin. She will kill me," I said. I started biting my nails. I was nervous already predicting my mother's fury. I could even see the expression on her face. Linked eyebrows, red face, and fury in the eyes. If I went to see her, I knew I would be ashamed on the street. I decided to wait for her to leave, and I would do the same soon.

"Elle, if you do not come here, I will jump the wall," I tried to imagine how many people could have been listening to my mother's scandal. I hope my neighbors do not think the Elle that my mother is talking is I.

"Would your mother do that?"

"She would do."

"Then, I need to prepare me," Ben threw the blanket on the floor, he made a little effort and sat down. He was shirtless, and I could not fail to notice his skinny body marked by scars. Ben noticed my gaze on his back. He looked at me with a playful look. "My scars are still more attractive than Deadpool's."

"I don't think..."

"Elle, I did not ask an explanation," Ben interrupted me.

We distracted us by the noise coming from the gate. I imagined my mother jumping the gate. Yes, she would have the courage. I left Benjamin behind and ran toward the intercom. I pressed the button and ran as fast as I could before my mother entered the house. She was already in the yard. Mom looked at me horrified to the fact that I was in Ben's house. She shook her head in reproach. I held her arms lightly, already fearing the worst. I led her out into silence and hit the gate hard making sure it has not been left open. I lowered my head, not wanting to stare into her eyes.

"You smell the drink. You are horrible, Elle," I ran my hand through my hair and noticed the tangle it had formed. I was barefoot. I felt embarrassed for Ben had seen me this way and at the same time, I was relieved that there was no one on the street.